Muslims: Why isn't Jesus the Son of God, seeing as he said he was?

Jesus said:

"God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son." John 3:16-18

Jesus said, "what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God‘s Son‘?" John 10:36

Likewise John the Baptist testified, "I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God." Joh 1:34

Favorite Answer

St. John 3:16 reads".. whosoever believeth in him SHOULD not perish, but have everlasting life".

The bible was changed, yet there are still places in the bible were it says that Jesus was a prophet

"And when he would have put him to death, he feared the multitude, because they counted him as a prophet." - Matthew 14:5 (compare with Matthew 21:26)

"And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee." - Matthew 21:11

"But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet." - Matthew 21:46

"And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:" - Luke 24:19

"The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet." - John 4:19

"Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world." - John 6:14

"Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet." - John 7:40

"Nevertheless I (Jesus) must walk to day, and to morrow, and the [day] following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem." - Luke 13:33

And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.- Matthew 13:57

because we are ALL children of God enlighten to different degree and having understanding according to the age and experience of our souls. Heart of the matter is that we are all equal and needed in the Diamond of Universal Religion being in process of cut. Every facet on the DIAMOND represents ONE religion, culture, believe, race etc ALL equal and needed to create finish Diamond which will blaze and sparkle. Unity in Diversity is the answer. Can you imagine a garden with one kind of flowers?

you can not be sure

john testaments was interrupted and all the bible was interrupted

some testaments said that Jesus: is the son of god

some testaments said that Jesus: is the god

some testaments said that Jesus: is the prophet of god

can you explain the trinity ? i don`t think so?

read the quran you will know the truth:

the Christ is the Missieh and the prophet of the god

Source(s): www.quran.net www.islamqa.com

jesus is not the son of god.if u r sayin jusus is the son of god and mary should be married to god, just because god god gav jesus the abilty to do somthin a normal person can't do doesnt mean jesus is a magicain, god is showin that he has the power and he could do wat ever he wishes to do. god does not hav son,daughter,mother,father,sister,brother,or any family.he is the creater and we are his creation. last time i remember that a baby waz born and his back said "allah" the doctors were amazed i think it waz on the newspaper. god is one and he an't got son. who ever wants to debate, i will be more then welcom to debate with u.i speak in peace so dont be afanded

who ever wants to say crap about islam com and chat with me,cuz i will lead u to the right path.

takin about muslims are terrists,what do guys know about islam?

1.people who kill incent people and call them self "muslims'are not muslims.

2.islam means peace not terror

3.when 9/11 happened iwaz in my room and i didnt kill annyone so why r peoplecallin muslims terrists when there are "muslims" out there killin incent people,so next time u call a muslim person a terrist watch u r mouth cuz an't no muslim killed u r family

if u r talkin crap about islam watch ur back cuz i dont lik people messin with my religion.

salam to every 1(i leave with peace)

I'm not entirely clear why this is addressed specifically to Muslims. But if you think people should believe whatever anyone says (which is the implication of your question), perhaps I should tell you that I'm a tabby cat with a black tip to my tail. Oh, and my friend says I'm much more handsome than the ginger cat down the road.

All the statements you quoted are the writings of John and not Jesus himself and John heard from some one else and he heard from some one else.

Did you ever think about that?

• Because Mohammed couldn't be the Last prophet if Jesus was the Son of God !

Because they don't realise that Mohammed was actually quite sinful, and so his testimony is not to be trusted.

• Ian W

I'm not a Muslim, but what proof do you have that God or Jesus exists? Apart from a book of dubious origin?

By that logic, Daniel Radcliffe must have really had those harry potter magic powers.