Muslims: Was Jesus Blaspheming when he called himself the Son of God?

Jesus said, "what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God‘s Son‘?" John 10:36

And consider John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does."

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm not Muslim, but would like to answer this question from the Jewish viewpoint.

It is not blasphemy to call oneself a son or daughter of God at all. Jesus would not have been subjected to any kind of punishment nor penalties for doing so, either.

Even to call oneself God was not blasphemy. It would have been looked upon as though the person had probably lost their mind, because no one in their right mind would claim to be God. Certainly they must be insane or suffering from a delusion of some sort. The benefit of the doubt is ALWAYS given in Torah law, first and foremost.

The person who claimed to be God would have been taken away and confined, and help would have been provided to him or her to try to heal them from whatever delusions they were suffering from. They would not have just been taken out and stoned, killed, etc., as is falsely reported by Christianity.

• miliy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

jesus didn't say that see the true story is that jesus was teaching student group about god but there was this jews student bad 1 who went to the bad king & cheated on jesus & his group & tell the king about jesus so they went to see him & kill him ( jesus) then god protected jesus & take him up to the sky & made this jews face look like jesus to be killed & punished for what he did in the god profit & he still up alive till now & he will be sent again to let the ppl know the truth about god & jesus is not his son & he will save the world & rule for 40 years to finish his duty that was stoped befor

Source(s): im Muslim thats all i can tell all that i know
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Milly, is telling Muslim Secrets. The funny thing about the Bible, Koran, Torah, Egyptian Book of the Dead, Talmud, and Tao is; they are all telling the same story.

"what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?," is not talking about Jesus.

"I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself, he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does." is a reference to each on of us being created in the image of the creator and having the power to do what we were created to do...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jesus(PBUH*) never said he was a God or a "son of" God. ALLAH(SWT) is perfect and has no need for partners or sons in worship or in anything else. It was Paul and the Catholic Church who decided to say that Prophet Jesus(PBUH*) was more then just a man. The trinity is false and doesn't exist. Jesus(PBUH*) is the son of Mariam(Mary).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he didnt say ,its corruption made vicars

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.