Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Answer the question in detail please. ^v^
1) If the odds in favour of Ann beating Sue in a chess game are 5:4, what is the probability that Sue will win an upset victory in a best-of-five chess tournament?
2) Suppose the odds of the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup are 1:5, while the odds of the Montreal Canadiens winning the Stanley Cup are 2:13. What are the odds in favour of either Tonronto or Montreal winning the Stanley Cup?
3) 4 friends, 2 girls and 2 boys, are playing contract bridge. Partners are randomly assigned for each game. What is the probability that the 2 girls will be partners for the first game?
4) Ann,Sue,Amy,Ken,and Kim are going to a party. What is the probability that 2 of the girls will arrive first?
5) A hockey team has 2 goalies,6 defenders,8 wingers,and 4 centres. If the team ramdomly select 4 players to attend a charity function, what is the likehood that no goalies or centres are selected?
- Mugen is StrongLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
what's upset victory?
i'll just make up the rule that upset victory in best of 5 is winning all last 5 from 9 games.
so the winning sequence=AAAASSSSS; the only way it happen
i just feel like changing make-up rules a bit. best of 5 needs you to win 3 to win the game. and this time sue get to win in many ways.
P(sue wins the game)
=P(in 5 sets)+P(in 4 sets)+P(in 3 sets)
=5C3s^3*a^2 + 4C3s^3*a + 3C3s^3
=[10(5/9)^2 + 4(5/9) + 1]*(4/9)^3
P=1/(1+5) + 2/(2+13)
odds favouring either one
how do you play contract bridge?
sorry, but i'm not good with names. Kim's a girl or boy? Kim's my surname, so i dont know. we'll assume ken's the only boy here.
2 goalies,6 defenders,8 wingers,and 4 centres
P(no goalies or centers)