? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

I wonder, what do Americans think of Canada's "stupid Monopoly money" now?

and aren't all the colours pretty too?

@adammart...hey, with the pound and canadian dollar worth more than yours you must feel like ****, since the queen is on it. Oh, and technically she is our figurehead monarch too. I dont suspect anyone with a cowboy hat would know that though.

witwats... I am on yahoo canada and this section is not specific to the US. My new question is "how stupid do you feel now"

as for the rest of the Americans here.... I am impressed with your answers - very cool group

@jadis - yes in alberta, was just a joke

• Jadis
    Favorite Answer

Not much, and as an Alaskan, I'm sure I see more of it than most Americans. Heck, our stores have always taken Canadian coins. Now they won't be losing so much on it.

But obviously you've found something to feel smug about. Congrats.

Edit - You can't be serious about the cowboy hats. Canada has a lot of cowboys. You DO know that, don't you?

Edit 2 - LOL Thank God. I was actually floored for a second there. Canada has some awesome horse country...3 of our 4 horses are Canadian bred. Love it - they can handle these winters no problem at all.

Oh, and for the record? A lot of us think our new bills look like Monopoly money....

• Tigger

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....

In the not to distant future, Canada, Mexico and USA will all share the same type of Monopoly Money. We do not know when the NAU Time Bomb will explode. The NAU deal inked by Mexico's President Fox, USA's 'W' and Canada's PM at that time. Once we do become the NAU, soon after we ill have the Amerio. 'W' said we needed the NAU modeled after the EU and the Amerio modeled after the Euro.

e

All Three countries are going to be royally screwed once the NAU kicks in.

In reality, it is not how stupid we are, its a sign how bad things are. I am feeling the squeeze since the money is not keeping up with the cost of living. Be prepared for a lot of illegals from America coming to through your border soon if things keep going as they are now.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

I know of at least two Canadian companies that have filed for credit protection (Bankruptcy in Americanese) Because all their contracts are with American businesses and the dollar won't cover their expenses under the present terms.

This is not good for Canadians.

Don't be so happy.

I've always liked the Canadian money!---so much so that I still have a Canadian $5 bill that was given me as a tip many years ago. I worked in a pub here in Michigan, and it was given to me by a Canadian patron.

Here, we have lots of Canadian coins in circulation. You give your money cute names, too, like loonies and tunies :)

I know it's worth more than US money. Bummer. I'm getting ready to go to Canada for a vacation.

I think nothing of it. We just want you and other countries to buy more stuff so we lowered the value of our dollar.

The same

Too bad you guys elected a conservative for PM, I like Canada, good luck.

Now that its actually worth something the fact that you put other country's monarchs on it makes it even more laughable!