whats a book writen by a canadien author that represents canada ?

im doing a social studies project and i need a book writen by a canadien author that somehow represents canada ? it doesnt have to be a novel, it can be a picture book, but please nothing to hard this is only a grade 8 project.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I would look into the work of Robert Service -- a Canadian author still loved and revered by his countrymen.

He is best know for his writing about the Alaskan and Yukon gold rushes. Including the internationally known poem "The Cremation of Sam McGee".

He was a noted reporter for the Toronto Star and collections of his articles can also be found in addition to his poetry.

• 3 years ago

i might recommend Margaret Atwood. Her books epitimise the Canadian custom by employing having the main significant characters being laid low with the "barren area" - in spite of if that's a metaphore for the barren area of their lives or the undeniable ol' barren area of Canada (climate, land, and so on). yet her stuff could be no longer person-friendly to study. as quickly as you get into it, there is a few reliable books (Cats Eye and Handmaids Tail are 2 that are evoked).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.