Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Today is ramadam and musilims all over the world are travelling to mecca to celeberate?

Pls i want to know what is that Black n White squared thing in the centre where the musilims worship? is it a house or a well or just what cuz i don't know.

• Favorite Answer

Today is Eid, Ramadhan ended yesterday. Muslims do not travel to Mecca to celebrate Ramadhan ....... they mostly travel to Mecca when it is Hajj (the annual pilgrimage)

I guess by "Black n White squared thing" you mean the Kaaba'h. The Kaaba'h is referred to as the House of God, but it does not mean God "lives" there ...... God is above the heavens.

The Kaaba'h is simply a symbol of Unity. It unites Muslims, whenever a Muslim prays, they turn to the direction of the Kaaba'h.

The building of the Ka'bah was by Ibraaheem and his son Ismaeel (alayhim salam). This house was named "Ka'bah" after its cubic shape. It is the center point for Muslims all over the world. When a Muslim wants to pray, he, or she, must face Qiblah - the direction towards Makkah. Hajj also cannot be performed except in Makkah and its vicinity. The al-Masjid al-Haraam, holy mosque, was the first mosque built in the world. It is today the most visited place on earth and that is why it is called al-Bayt al-'ateeq meaning the ancient house. One prayer in this mosque equals one hundred thousands prayers elsewhere as stated in a few authentic hadiths.

When Ibraaheem (alayhi salam) finished the construction of Ka'bah, he called people to Hajj and prayed to Allah to bless Makkah and its vicinity and to make people come visit it until the Day of Judgement though it was remote and in the desert.

"Remember Abraham said: "O my Lord! Make this city one of peace and security: and preserve me and my sons from worshipping idols. "O my Lord! They have indeed led astray many among mankind; he then who follows my (way) is of me, and he that disobeys me, but You are indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. "O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in a valley without cultivation, by Your Sacred House; in order, O our Lord, that they may establish regular Prayer: so fill the hearts of some among people with love towards them, and feed them with Fruits: so that they may give thanks." (14:35-7)

Allah (swt) always relates the story of Hajj and Ibraheem (alayhi salam) to Tawheed and Islam, which is the way of Ibraheem, Muhammad, and all the prophets (alahim salam).

"Remember We made the House a place of assembly for men and a place of safety. And take the Station of Abraham as a place of prayer; and We covenanted with Abraham and Isma'il, that they should sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or use it as a retreat, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in Prayer). And remember Abraham said: "My Lord, make this a City of Peace, and feed its People with fruits' such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day." He said: "(Yes), and such as reject Faith, for a while will I grant them their Pleasure, but will soon drive them to the torment of Fire, an evil destination (indeed)!" And remember Abraham and Isma'il raised the foundations of the House (with this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: for You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. "Our Lord! Make of us Muslims bowing to Your Will); and of our progeny a people Muslim, bowing to Your (Will); and show us our places for the celebration of (due) rites; and turn unto us (in Mercy); for You are the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful. "Our Lord! Send amongst them a Messenger of their own, who shall rehearse Your Signs to them and instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom, and sanctify them: for You are the Exalted in Might, the Most Wise." And who turns away from the religion of Abraham but such as debase their souls with folly? Him We chose and rendered pure in this world: and he will be in the Hereafter in the ranks of the Righteous. Behold! His Lord said to him: "Bow (your will to Me):" he said: "I bow (my will) to the Lord and Cherisher of the Universe." And this was the Legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "O my sons! Allah has chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the state of submission (to Allah)" (2:125-32)

And talking about the first call to Hajj, Allah (swt) says,

"Behold! We gave the site, to Abraham, of the (Sacred) House, (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me; and sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or stand up, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer). And proclaim the Pilgrimage among people; they will come to you on foot and (mounted) on every kind of camel, lean on account of journeys through deep and distant mountain highways. That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them, and celebrate the name of Allah, through the Days Appointed, over the cattle which He has provided for them (for sacrifice): then eat thereof and feed the distressed ones in want. Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them, perform their vows, and (again) circumambulate the Ancient House. Such (is the Pilgrimage): whoever honors the sacred rites of Allah, for him it is good in the sight of his Lord" (22:26-30)

Source(s): **CoMmOn SeNsE & UnDeRsTaNdInG**
  • Kimo

hhhhhhhhhh

Today is ramadam and musilims all over the world are travelling to mecca to celeberate .. loooooool

lol,we dont worship kaaba ,we just directed to it ,christians direct to east ,jews to jeursalm and muslims to kaaba

to know more about kaaba http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba