Is PSP simaler to PS3???????

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

wait... WHAT?! hmm i guess you dont know much about vid games that much....

well.... with ps3 The unit is convex on its left side (when vertical; the top side is convex when horizontal) and has a sleek black finish. It features a slot-loading 2x speed Blu-ray Disc drive for games and DVD or Blu-ray movies. It originally was available with hard drives of 20 and 60 GB. The 20 GB and 60 GB models have since been discontinued, and an 80 GB model was introduced (see above). All PS3 models have user-upgradeable 2.5" SATA hard drives. The PlayStation 3 uses the IBM-designed Cell microprocessor as its CPU, with seven of the eight "synergistic processing elements" (often shortened to SPE) enabled. The reason one of the SPEs is disabled is improving yield: chips do not have to be discarded if one of the SPEs is defective. While graphics processing is handled by the NVIDIA RSX, which can output resolutions from 480i/576i SD up to 1080p full HD, the PlayStation 3 has 256 MB of main memory and 256 MB of video memory for the RSX.

Numerous accessories for the console have been developed for the system, including the wireless SIXAXIS controller, the BD Remote controller, and the upcoming PlayStation Eye camera and PlayTV DVB-T tuner/digital video recorder accessory.

The system has Bluetooth 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0 and HDMI 1.3a built in on all models. Wi-Fi networking and a flash card reader (which is compatible with MemoryStick, SD/MMC, and CompactFlash media) are also built-in on 60 and 80 GB models.

while psp is The PlayStation Portable was designed by Shin'ichi Ogasawara (小笠原伸一) for the Sony Computer Entertainment subsidiary of Sony Corporation. Early models were made in Japan but in order to cut costs, Sony has farmed out PlayStation Portable production to non-Japanese manufacturers, mainly in China.

The unit measures 170 mm (6.7 inches) in length, 74 mm (2.9 inches) in width, and 23 mm (0.9 inches) in depth, and has a mass of 280 grams (a weight of 0.62 lb) including the battery. The Samsung (previously Sharp) branded TFT LCD screen measures 110 mm (4.3 in) diagonal with a 16:9 ratio and a 480×272 pixel resolution capable of 16.77 million colors. It has four possible brightness settings, the brightest of which is disabled in the older firmware versions unless on A/C power.

The PlayStation Portable's main microprocessor is a multifunction device named "Allegrex" that includes a 32-bit MIPS32 R4k-based CPU, a Floating Point Unit, and a Vector Floating Point Unit. Additionally, there is a processor block known as "Media Engine" that contains another 32-bit MIPS32 R4k-base CPU, hardware for multimedia decoding (such as H.264), and a programmable DSP dubbed "Virtual Mobile Engine". The secondary CPU present in the Media Engine is functionally equivalent to the primary CPU save for a lack of a VPU. The MIPS CPU cores are globally clocked between 1 and 333 MHz. During the 2005 GDC, Sony revealed that it had capped the PlayStation Portable's CPU clock speed at 222 MHz for licensed software. Its reasons for doing so are unknown, but are the subject of some speculation. Various homebrew tools enable users to operate at 333 MHz, generally leading to a higher frame rate at the expense of battery life. On June 22, 2007, Sony Computer Entertainment confirmed that the firmware version 3.50 does in fact remove this restriction and allows future games to run at the full 333 MHz speed. It does not affect already-released games.[16]

The system has 32 MiB main RAM and 4 MiB embedded DRAM. The 4 MiB of eDRAM consists of 2MiB dedicated to the Graphics Unit and 2MB dedicated to the Media Engine secondary processor. There is no memory management unit for either CPU. No evidence of a TLB has been found. The co processor that normally manages the TLB-based MMU seems to be a custom effort by Sony and has no integrated memory. Both CPUs contain 16KiB of two-way set associative instruction cache and data cache respectively. There is additionally 16KiB of scratchpad RAM which, while faster than main RAM, is not nearly as fast as the integrated cache.

The 166 MHz graphics chip has 2 MiB embedded memory and through its 512 bit interface provides hardware polygon and NURBS rendering, hardware directional lighting, clipping, environment projection and texture mapping, texture compression and tessellation, fogging, alpha blending, depth and stencil tests, vertex blending for morphing effects, and dithering, all in 16 or 24 bit color. The graphics chip also handles image output. Specifications state that the PlayStation Portable is capable of rendering 33 million flat-shaded polygons per second, with a 664 million pixel per second fill rate.

but in short psp is made for portable use and it's almost as good as ps2 (which i think its not that great) it's like a dif from normal tv to an portable tv. ps3 is made for station online/stand alone game and also made to people can enjoy bluray disk.

• 1 decade ago

No. A playstation 3 requires a tv, and is much bigger than a PSP. A playstation 3 is pretty much the same as a PS2, though some can argue it isnt, in my opinion I just think a PS3 has more features, thats all.

A PSP is a Playstation Portable (thats what it stands for) and therefore it means you can play it whenever you want, wherever. Kind of like a GameBoy, and D.S., but cooler. AND it's still a playstation! I bought a pink one when I went on holiday in China...it's amazing! I played it on the plane as well :)

So...get a PSP! (hint hint)

Source(s): My PSP and my bro's PS2 :)
  • 1 decade ago

Not really, ps3 is much more advanced when it comes to hardware but obviously psp is handheld.

However there are some similarities, like the menus are the same :)

• 1 decade ago

The menu screens are similar, but the PSP is closer to the PS2

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No Completely different!!! PSP is a handheld game system.

PS3 is an actually game system.

• 1 decade ago

No. PSP you can take anywhere vs. the PS3 you have unhook the cords and hook them back up if you take it with you. I'll stick with da PSP dude!

• 1 decade ago

Uh, No. PSP is portable.

PS3 is your standard connect-to-tv-and-play-on-saturday-night game console.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's more similar to a handheld PS2.

• GD-Fan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No I think they are different

• Alex B
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

you got to be kidding me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.