Don't you hate it when...?

...People randomly insert Japanese words into their sentences?

Especially when your friend is doing it.

Fair enough, if you want to learn the language, great!

Study hard and do it seriously.

Don't -as many others do- just pick up any Japanese words and place them into your ENGLISH sentence.

Example: "Oh that is super kawaii"

No, that is super annoying.

They think it makes them sound cool, rather the opposite.

I want to say something to my friend, but I just end up staying quiet.

Two questions:

What do you do when people around you do this?

What are your thoughts on it?

RAZZEL-DAZZEL - I don't know why you're complaining, you got two points out of it. =)

Well what I meant is when they don't even bother to learn the language properly. They don't have a teacher.

They just get a word and place it in a sentence.

I'm pleased if they want to go to classes and so forth.

Best Answer

I agree with you, they don't sound smart, they don't sound cultured, they sound stupid.

REAL japanese people use english words when speaking english, you know the english word for "kawaii", just say it is cute. I've noticed that it's mostly stupid anime fangirls who do stuff like this, I don't car ehow many episodes of "inuyasha" thev've suffered through, I don't care if you've ben to Japan, I don't even care if you speak the language, you're talking to me in english, so USE ENGLISH!!! This is the same with someone using a fake french accent when speaking english because they think it's cool..

It's not cool, it's stupid.

• duff

I do not pay a lot awareness to the Jonas Brothers, however they do appear kinda poopy. Miley Cyrus turns out like a self-established entire within the butt who is simply too grown. (Jonas Brothers appear too youngster like.) Who do I hate? Courtney Love is gross and ridiculous. Of path everybody hates Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie is disconnected from truth too. Lady Gaga sucks!!!! She's so unpleasant and untalented. That's it! That's my reply! She had a tune approximately dancing and she or he can not even transfer. Stupid.

I always mix English and Spanish. However..I'm not just learning it. I speak Spanish fluently, since I am Mexican. Half the time, the reason I say random Spanish words is because I cannot think of the actual word in English!

All you have to do is ask "What does that mean?" or you could also say "Could you just speak English around me? I don't understand what you're saying." Simple. There will be no feelings hurt there! :)

Their language teachers tell them to do that. They say that in order to learn the language, you must also SPEAK it, and you must speak it in CONTEXT.

So, they are doing just what they are told. They are speaking it, and they are speaking it in context too. The only problem is that the context comes from the English, and they don't know enough of the new language to carry on complete sentences. If they DID know enough to speak in complete sentence, you'd not understand them at all.

Be nice, they are trying to learn.

If you make fun or yell at them, you'll lose a friend, and also hurt their feelings without just cause.

if you dont like your freind using those words get another freind, you are ignorant at why she speaks like that. I am mexican by mother and father and speak both english and spanish and its the spanish i have problems with when im helping a only spanish speaking customer and i dont remember how to say it in spanish i just say it in english. As long as your freind doesnt do it while she is writing an essay is all good.

I agree with sweetie7, it's completely useless and extremely annoying when somebody mumble words in your language and then thinks he is the center of the universe.

If you can't speak one's language, don't act like if you did because it looks stupid and irritates people.

I think its fun to mix languages a bit. Besides sometimes the inserts are things we don't know how to translate or that loose it in the translation.

• Yes. My annoying coworker speaks limited(and I mean like 0.5%) Spanish to my fluent co-worker.

It's so idiotic because she will say two words like "En oficina?" or "Mucho Delicioso" like she is a master at it.

She's a dumb***.

Ah! tais toi, tu ne sais pas de quoi tu parlais

it;s just normal

every gengo loans gairaigo