Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

As antispyware it is better Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello!!!

both they are very good, but in personal my opinion I prefer Spybot Search & Destroy

Good bye!!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

When it comes to antispyware and antivirus programs it is ALWAYS best to use more than 1 program...both Spybot and Ad-Aware are good but because they are popular these devs of spyware will work to thwart them ... this is the reason you dont want to just use one of them because the one program may not have an updated definition file to recognize the new spyware while the other might be able to...It all comes down to how has the newer, better definition files that identify spyware to be removed...both update deligently..

And there is no need to pay for Ad-Aware...stick to its free version only...

I also recommend you check out SuperAntiSpyware (the free version) and use all 3 together help to keep your system clean.

The most important thign you can do is to keep your definition files for these programs always up to date (at least update them once a week) and do a system scan during that time too (no need to system scan every day)

And lastly check out Spyware Blaster...it has defintion files that block bad websites that install trojans/viruses/spyware on your computer thru your browser...Spybot S&D tends to highly recommend them when you use it....that is how i found out about Spyware Blaster...great free product

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you mean AVG from you last question, no, it's not better than Ad-Aware or Spyboy.

The best antispyware by far is CounterSpy, btw.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.