What should i wear for an 80's theme party?

gosh, i grew up in the 80s, but i want some fresh ideas! hey, anything crazy, i'm up to it! thank you :DD

Update:

hahaha love it, thank you all very very much....who can forget Madonna, she is the icon for the 80's!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That sounds fun! I went to an 80s party a few years ago and went as Madonna. (With the look more from Desperately Seeking Susan) I wore lots of black layers- a short ruffled black skirt, a few spaghetti strap tops, a chunky black belt.

For shoes, I found some black slouch boots at a thrift store.

I used black trouser socks and cut the tops off and used those as gloves. Then I wore lots of bracelets and beaded necklaces.

For the hair, I teased it like crazy and tied some black fabric around my head into a bow. Hope this helps!

• 1 decade ago

Acid Washed jeans, and tight-roll them, I know you know what I am talking about!

Then put on 2 or 3 different colors of socks to complement your shirt of choice (preferably neon with the neck cut out, and possibly midriff baring).

If you can find some high-top sneakers, like LA Gear you'll be the best dressed gal at the party.

Make sure you tease those bangs to the sky!

Have fun!

• 1 decade ago

black rubber bracelets, teased hair with a bow, mini skirt with funky leggings and socks. For good ideas check out some of the early Madonna photos.

• 1 decade ago

Spandex....leggings and a leotard, don't forget the leg warmers and bobos (white tennis shoes).

and tall, hair-sprayed hair. you know, the fan--bangs straight up and over to the side.

You'll be ready to aerobicize with the best of them...haha.

Have fun!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

BIG hair, shoulder pads, lace collar, a bandana rolled up and used as a belt, skinny legged pants, a pearl necklace, blue eye shadow.

That about sums it up, don't you think?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a rara dress or skirt. a snood. legwarmers. acid bright eye makeup. seriously back combed hair, preferably bubble perm or mullet. bobble socks. pods. jelly shoes. braces. slogan tee shirts. coyboy shoestring ties

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dress like wonder woman

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.