one man band needs some help?

im looking for an instrument that can be sliped on my boot or foot, so when you tap your feet while playing guitar it has a good sound kinda like a tambourine for the foot. anysuggestions? or a website where i can see it or order it. i tried ebay.....nothing. thanks

1 Answer

  • kabum
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Been there, done that! I just use a ring-style tambourine and lay it on the floor between my feet. Instead of tapping, your foot, swing it from left to right (or the reverse). Works great for me. Just think about the mechanics of it all and I'm sure you'll come up with something that works for you.

    There is also a method used by drummers whereby the tambourine is affixed to the cymbal post of a high-hat. See pix here:

    Then again, there's always duct tape...


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.