carlos r asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 1 decade ago

Would you consider Mexico a developed country?

I am Mexican, I live in Nuevo Laredo, in northern Mexico right on the USA border with the Rio Grande, overall economically, lifestyle is OK here, but in southern Mexico those provinces are very poor, that is where the illegal immigrants to the USA come from (the ones that are Mexican). about 38% of Mexico's pop. is in poverty (15% in extreme poverty, and 23% in moderated poverty), in numbers that would be like 40 million mexicans, out of a pop of 104 million the rest 64 million Mexicans are lower middle class to wealthy, we dont have to cross the border the vast majority of us Mexicans are well-off and dont need to leave our country

Mexico is tied with Brazil as Latin America's largest economy

It is the tenth largest economy in th world

Our national income is about 160,000 pesos (17 thousand canadian dollars)

Litteracy rate 95%

Latin america's best inter city highway infrastructure

Inflation 3%

Over all average life here for a regular Mexican is just fine. What is your opnion?

Update:

trust me, if any other country with alot of poor people like argentina had the USA next door, they would have a much more serious immigration problem

Update 2:

trust me, if mexico would be mostly illiterate, then we would have a bunch of more problems, we are corrupt, but not as corrupt as other countries like china or india, and why am i full of ****? im just a regular mid class mexican telling their point of view and a reality check to people who dont even know **** about mexico.

Update 3:

trust me, it is not the country most people think it is, like the "typical" mexico shown in hollywood films.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mexico would be classified as a newly industrialized country, (NIC) or one of the developed countries that may not have all the signs of a developed country but it is far beyond the developing status. Mexico is one of only a few countries in this category. Brazil, Turkey, South Africa, China, India, Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines are all in this category, and all for different reasons. Of this list, Mexico is probably in the top half, with a modern infrastructure, and a majority have moved away from such developing country industries as agriculture and natural resource extraction. However, relatively hi poverty lines considering the overall lower per capita GDP than in most developed nations keeps it below this highest tier category.

Americans are guilty of serious misconceptions about Mexico, and the public knows little about the illegal immigration issue except that it's a problem. Unfortunately our relationship with our southern neighbor was not as friendly as it could have been considering the promise that a Texas president could have brought to US-Mexico relations, hopefully Hollywood will move away from its stereotypes and closer ties with Mexico will help both our countries to prosper in continuum.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Is Mexico A Developing Country

• 6 years ago

You can improve your eyesight by simply learning, naturally and practicing the correct way to see for a few small minutes a day.

You can check this method based on a scientific researches :

http://improvevision.toptips.org

if glasses are worn continuously over time the poor vision will generally become worse. Essentially what glasses do is lock the eyes into their refractive state and in order to see through your lenses you have to maintain the poor vision that the lenses are designed to correct.

"Restore my vision” program you'll be taken by the hand, it shows you how to improve your vision naturally, permanent and complete solution.

Even the American Optometric Association has been forced to admit these things!

I'm sure that you will not regret your decision

• 1 decade ago

Carlos, be aware that in the US it's extremely common to offed without any reason a person from another country, specially if this person is Mexican, be aware of it.

No, I don't think Mexico is a developed country. Don't fool yourself because you're from middle class or the town where you live is relativily rich. In developed countries the life of almost all the population is relativily fine, no need to emmigrate. 5% of illiteracy is a lot. A person that can't read or write is a zero in the society. In developed countries illiteracy doesn't exist, unless the person has mental problems.

Usually a country is considered developed when the GDP per capita PPP is above 20,000 US$ in Mexico it is about 10,000 US$ so there is a long way to go yet.

• 7 years agoReport

Mexico would be classified as a newly industrialized country

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anita
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Mexicoisconsidered a developing contry because not all of the government or the contry for that matter is under control of the government. Also many people say it is developing because they are just bogging to have and affect and say in the world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hola mi amigo.

mexico is still considered developing... not developed yet because of several factors such as standard of living, minimum wage rate, welfare policies, GDP- per capita, other factors such as pollution control, natural resources, exports etc.

• 1 decade ago

if its so great, why are the illegals flooding the US?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.