Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What piercings should a 13 year old get.. other then ears?

don't say none.. My mom said I could get one if she approves of the place.

• Taz
    Favorite Answer

i would say none, because they hurt, but if you must, nose, or lip or tong, but you have to be very careful and keep them clean

i just seen belly button, that is way too painful, i have known people that were in pain for a week after the piercing, couldn´t hardly walk the first day. i would not advise that at age 13.

• Alex.

Here are some of the things I have seen 13 year old girls go around with.

1, the most common, belly-button piercing, very simple

2, the nose piercing, just a little square one, not a hoop

3, Today, a girl had a lip piercing, which I actually found ok

Or you could get your upper ear pierced or barred.

How tall are you at 13? I mean, a belly button ring is the next best but not if you still look 11, plus the skin will stretch. That would look inappropriate. You could ask for her to get your hair done really nice instead and just hold off on the piercing for 2 more years.

I wouldn't suggest any body piercings at your age. There's a reason you need to be 16 and up because your body is still growing and what my look like a cool belly ring now will probably be a crooked looking piece of crap in five years. Why do you "need" a piercing? Why don't you not follow the crowd and be an individual and get NO piercings.

13 year old's don't need peircings, so you "should" not get ANY, but if you "want" to get some (yes, that's right, I am chiding your use of language) I would say belly button, or eyebrow (if that's still cool where you live, where I live, it's all about the belly button and tongue), or you could get one in the top of your ear in the cartilage, those are cool, and you could get one of those cute little nose peircings where the stub is a tiny little gem, I think those are so cute (in the fluffy kitten way, not the hot girl way). You should not get a tongue or lip peircing yet, since those are very very dangerous (have you ever looked at the underside of your tongue? there are HUGE blood veins in ther and if the tattooist screws up, you're toast, you'd bleed to death.) I would wait on those until you are ready to risk it, at an older age.

Guess what? I'm gonna say none.

If you absolutely HAVE to have something done, get your cartilage done by a professional piercer (you'll soon find out that most of them won't do your piercing until you're 16 with parental consent, or 18, period,) not some department store wage-slave with a piercing gun. Eyebrows have an incredible potential for infection (what with ingrown hairs and all), and the belly-button just plain looks trashy. I wouldn't go for lip, because the hole can't easily be hidden with a bandage, and the only job you can get with lip piercings nowadays are hairdresser, tattoo artist and lawn sprinkler.

Other than ears? Honestly, everywhere else is SO hard to take care of. I guess the next best thing would be belly button because you can hide it, but you have to take REALLY good care of it. They have a high infection rate and if it rejects, it could leave an ugly scar. Have you considered a cartilage piercing, even though it's still on the ear? It's something different, at least.

You are lucky if a parent approves ear piercing at 13.I know alot of girls that are not permitted for this until 15!

Well, I think that piercings are trashy other than in you ears. But, if you were going to get one don't gett a belly button for those hurt very, very badly. Maybe another ear piercing, above where yours is now. :-)

Don't listen to the nay-sayers. Get your piercings and be happy. You can always let them grow in if you don't want them anymore. I've had nearly everything pierced and I would say belly button would be your best choice. The top of the ear one hurts like crazy and takes forever to heal. The tongue one doesn't hurt AT ALL, but you have to leave the bar in all the time because it will grow back together in about 7 hours without the bar in place. Eyebrow, nose, and lip, those you can't hide; at least not during the 6-8 weeks that you have to keep the piercing in round the clock.

Do your belly button and you can get all sorts of charms and colors for it and also hide it when appropriate :)

Really... NONE! I have my belly button pierced but it really was a waste of money! Unless all you wear are belly shirts! I would just get your ears done... Maybe you could get second holes!