Simple & Inexpensive recipes using cooked frozen shrimp????

I live alone and I am on a tight budget. So yesterday I went to WAL-MART and bought some frozen shrimp on sale for around $5.00. I have basmati rice and white rice in the house. Can you think of any recipes I can make with the shrimp?

I was thinking Shrimp scampi. So I would need garlic and what else?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: The Cooking/Food community has the nicest, most helpful answerers!

Best Answer

I made this just a week ago for my niece and we ate and ate...it was even better the next day reheated because the flavors get stronger.

(I don't measure anything when I make a recipe so bear with me..lol)

I thawed the frozen cooked shrimp in a colander and just ran cold water over them and then let them dry.

I put on about a half a box of thin spaghetti to boil.

Then heated olive oil, just about covered the bottom of a large skillet, remember this will help coat all the spaghetti in the end.

Before turning on the heat chop up 3 cloves of garlic and sprinkle about a half a tsp of red pepper flakes (you can leave out if you don't like little spice)

Then put this in the oil and heat up (when you start with cold oil, as it heats the garlic flavors the oil)

Then I put in about a bag of fresh baby spinach leaves, you could use any veggie you like, I've used chopped broccoli before. Then when it's cooked down I add the shrimp to warm them. Once they are warm I add a few spoons of the pasta water to help make a sauce and then drain my noodles and add them to the pan and stir around let get mixed up real good. Then turn off the heat and top with parmesan and green onions.

It's the best!

Also, instead of noodles you could just make the shrimp & veggie mix and serve on top of rice...just use your imagination!

Frozen Cooked Shrimp Recipes

• matten

Frozen Shrimp Recipes

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipes Cookbook - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?ZltS

2

Source(s): Paleo Recepies eBook http://netint.info/CompletePaleoRecipeGuide

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I was thinking Shrimp scampi. So I would need garlic and...

Source(s): simple inexpensive recipes cooked frozen shrimp: https://biturl.im/okg1n

If you wanted to make a shrimp scampi you would also need white wine, butter, olive oil, and basil.

but i know a pretty inexpensive recipe if you like possibly spicy stuff:

two lemons (zested)

a clove of garlic

2 tbs. hot sauce

olive oil

1 tbs. butter

heat up your pan and put enough olive oil in the pan to cook the shrimp.

Add your garlic and allow it took cook for about a min.

Add the shrimp and cook one side of it.

When you are about the turn the shrimp over add your lemon zest and hot sauce and more olive oil if the pan is looking dry.

wait until the shrimp is just about cooked off then add your butter and allow it melt into your sauce. Don't cook it for too long after so you don't burn your butter.

now add the rice you have and enjoy.

if you get a hold of some white wine:

start with the olive oil and garlic as above

add white wine when shrimp is half way cooked and more olive oil if pan is dry.

then add your chopped Basil(or dry basil) and butter.

if you want add slices of tomato and allow them to get warm not mushy before take it off the fire.

As with any dish you should add a pinch of salt and pepper every time you add a new ingredient.

Source(s): I used to work as a saute cook.
  • Here is an awesome one that uses basmati rice... (this is a very adaptable recipe... see the edit at the end)

Shrimp and Bacon Fried Rice

Ingredients:

2 eggs, lightly beaten

4-6 slices lean bacon, sliced, all fat removed

3 green onions, sliced

1 garlic clove, crushed

2 cups snow peas, thinly sliced

10-12 shrimp cooked, shelled and de-veined

3 cups cooked basmati rice

1-2 tablespoon soy sauce

1. Spray a hot non-stick wok or skillet with oil spray. Pour in eggs. Swirl to cover the base of the wok and cook until set. Remove from the wok. Roll up and slice. Set aside.

2. Spray the wok again and add bacon, stir-frying for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Add the green onions, garlic and snow peas and stir-fry a further 2 to 3 minutes.

3. Add the shrimp to the wok along with the rice, egg, and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until hot.

4. Serve immediately.

Source(s): This is super quick and easy, and absolutely delicious!!!!! You could also substitute carrots or pretty much any other vegetable for the snow peas. And you could also just use regular onion (about 1/2 cup thinly sliced and diced) instead of green onion if you don't have any. You can even use Real Bacon bacon bits if you don't have any bacon around... just add a little bit of olive or veggie oil to your pan when you throw the bits in. I always just use whatever I have around, and it always turns out great!

Low Fat Shrimp Fettucine

Pre Cooked Shrimp

1 can of skimmed evaporated milk

1 can of low fat chicken broth

1/2 cup of asiago or parmesan cheese grated

1 tsp cornstarch

Garlic to your taste ( if using fressh gralic, chop and saute in butter first)

Cooked fettucine noodles

Pour most ot the milk and all the broth into a pot. Take your cornstarch (or flour) and garlic salt or powder (to your taste) and slowly mix in the rest of the milk to make a thin paste. Be sure all the lumps are gone. Add to the pot. Over medium heat, constantly stir the milk and broth until just before if boils. Stir all the time to prevent scorching. Add the cheese and continue to stir. For the last five minutes, add shrimp to heat them.

Turn off heat and let the sauce thicken. Top noodles with sauce and shrimp, add more cheese over the dish if desired.

Add garlic and olive oil or butter and you have a great meal! You can also pair the shrimp with fettuccine and a cheese sauce....buy a jarred one at the grocery. This makes an awesome meal.

Grill shrimp on a skewer with a little spice, salt, pepper, oilive oil or butter and squirt a little lemon juice on top. Prepare rice as you normally would. When I say grill, I mean you can do this in a pan on the stove top or over an actual grill. It just give them nice flavor....at this point yours are already cooked, so its just adding a little flavor and heating through.