Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

easy 10 points... lose weight?

I am 13 years old and i relaly badly want to lose weihgt

I have love handdles and i want my stomach to be totalyll flat I also want my legs to thin out a bit. I dont have muhc time do all these workout thing cause im at school and volley ball so does anyone have any good ideas for easy loseing weight tips????

Best Answer

I want that 10 points of yours, So i'll answer the question thoroughly and specifically with everything i know. ok? :)

first of all, you're still young, so right now, you can eat more if you want to, to grow taller or maintain a proper body function. If you really wanna lose weight or just be slimmer, there are a lot of ways to help you.

- never skip a meal because it was make your body go to storage mode, that will make your body thinks you're not eating, so you need to reserve food to fat in the long run. So you should always eat about 5-6 smaller meals. Generall, eat a snack between your meals. make sure your meals are smaller and continue eating all day long.

- Eating at night can make you fatter because after like 9pm, chances are, you won't be able to be active so your body won't digest accurately. I came across some site claiming that this is false. It all add to the total number of calories you eat and burn throught the day. So, in order to shed lbs, eat less calories and exercise more!

- Drink water, it fills you up and help you eat less. Also, you can flush away toxic in our body. The weight you gain when you drink water is only water weight and can easily lose once you urinate. It's mroe healthy for you too

- limit drinking juice, don't drinksoft drinks. Sodas are very bad for your body, and each 8oz contains like 100+ calories. if you wanna drink juice, just eat the whole fruit, because the fibers can fill you up and make you full without adding any fats. Drinking an 8oz is equal to 1 or 2 serving of fruits.

- try to eat a meal compose of one 1/4 protein ( meats) 1/4 ( carbs ( rice, bread) and 1/2 ( vegetables)

- when you exercise, try to co cardio and anerobic with it. When you have muscles, it is easier to shed the fats off. mucles can burn more fats during resting time. It can speed up your metabolism.

- try to exercise okay? following this routine

- weight lifting, anerobic ( okay to use light weight,), then the next day with cardio, running, then so on.

- jump roping can help you lose fat without burning much of your muscles. Running alone can cause your muscles to burn and therefore it is not good.

- When you are trying to diet and cardio, besure to add weight lifting to it. Cardio and dieting alone can make yourself smaller, but it will be like a miniature jiggly version of yourself. Adding weight lifting programs help you build yourself up and be toned and firm. It only need to spend 20 minutes a day to workout of do cardio.

- I would recommend jump roping, it burns a lot of fat and easily sharpen your body.

- Try to sleep at least 7.5 -8 hrs a night. When you lack of sleep, your body will produce more fats for some reason. With about 8 hrs each night, it is better for you.

- count your calories intake. Don't starve yourself or eat less than 1k calories a day, that is bad and add total body fat to your body. go for around 1.5k-2k calories/day.

I hope this will help you. there might be more, but some aren't coming to my head now.

Source(s): researching from the internet for a very very long time.

I heard that smelling a apple/ banna helps you lose weight (before eating). Smelling that fruit well make your body think that you ate. When you smell it makes you feel like you full. This may not work on all people. I heard that chewing gum helps you loose calories. Maybe start walking with a friend and chew gum!!!! Bubble gum should have low calories. I tried to help a friend loose weight. I borrowed this cookbook from a library. You could go to your local library and look at the cookbooks. They have different ones like ones for Loosing weight, some for low calorie foods. You also should keep a journal on what you ate. I shared that with my friend. But you have to be a person who has time. Apparently she didnt and she didnt do the journal. So it was on to plan B. We changed the way she ate. Not so much. Instead of teddy grams an apple ect. Well in volleyball, I play, you should run your fastest. And tell yourself no matter what: if a team player(on your team) hits the ball out of bounds run as much as you can to that ball. NO MATTER WHAT. Well dont do it if like a baby is in the way. If your house isnt far away from your school consider walking or biking.I bike everyday to school and its is 1 mile and a half or a little less. That would normally take me 5-10 minutes depending on trafic. Do not under sleep. Trust me that happened to a friend (different friend) and well she gained a lot of weight. And if you dont want to do it alone, do it with a friend with same problems or do it with a really really nice friend (which I am 'cause I helped my friend(( I am not fat)). Or you could do it with a supportive mom.

I hope your diet plans well work out.

• Lauren

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

Drink tons of water and try to eat healthy. Don't think too much about calories just trust your insticts. Don't be afraid to indulge once in a while but make sure junk food is not something you eat often. Maybe start going for runs or walks. Ask yourself if you are hungry before you eat. If you aren't, go get a glass of water. Eat breakfast, lunch, a healthy snack, and dinner. Don't eat late at night. Don't skip meals. Be confident in who are you and how you look now. Be happy and be healthy, the rest will follow. Good luck! By the way I'm sure volleyball is a great workout! :)

• I'm 14 and have the same issue, and i'm losing weight by generally cutting back sweets and fatty stuff[ but don't eliminate it completely!!] A lot of veggies and fruits, and 30 minutes a day of cardio, like riding a bike, or jogging with a dog=). and basically if you want to get toned, minor weight lifting. But don't over work your body and NO anorexia or bulimia! Colorful veggies and keep an eye on portions.

I will try to keep it simple. Your metabolism is basically the rate at which your body burns calories to create energy. So the faster your metabolism, the faster you burn calories and the easier it is to lose unwanted weight. To boost your metabolism naturally you just need to eat the right foods.

You can sit down and literally eat a 1,000-calorie dinner and yet be absolutely starving just a few hours later and the reason is simple: Because your body didnt get what it needed in those 1,000 calories so it sends signals to your brain telling you to ingest more calories and thus, the late-night cravings. That means that the surest way to end those late-night cravings and keep your weight loss goals on track is to eat a more balanced, nutritious diet that actually gives your body what it needs.

It's VERY EASY to lose weight if you eat the right foods. Check out Dr. Charles Livingston's video here: http://www.sexyjese.com - it will blow your mind.

Lift weights. You are probably not in high school yet, but when you get there, take weight lifting. Try deadlifting, benchpressing, flutter kicks (you can do those at home), and getting on the floor in a push-up position and hold yourself up with your forearms (you can do that at home, too). If you really want to tone up, though, you will find the time. At 13 years old, you haven't seen busy yet! Wait until you are married with children! Hope this helps! :)

I work out 9 hours a week, and I feel healthy and look great! I have a habit of picking up fruit whenever I can, but as long as I exercise, I can keep the weight off. Sometimes I even got to the local YMCA- they have great places to work out!

If nothing else works, a diet might be the best thing you can do.

You should do running, bike riding, and also lift weights. I think a flat girl isn't that hot. You should keep a few pounds on and not go crazy with the weight loss. I am a male btw (15)

I just answered the same question to someone else. You are only thirteen. Forget about diets. Eat regular sensible meals. Exercise moderately. like swimming and walking. Stop focusing on food and get involved in lots of other things. Good Luck. I am sure by the time you have matured, you will be lovely. Dont stress.