The true Thanksgiving story.?

well the indians invited the pilgrims to eat,the indians asked "how about thursday we will have crab and lobster"the pilgrims could not make it that day.so the pilgrims asked about sunday,the indians replied "hmm sunday we just have turkey"

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Lasagna Recipe

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 leek, cleaned and sliced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 medium zucchini, chopped

1/2 cup sliced fennel

1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained

2 (14-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes

2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped

4 whole-wheat lasagna noodles, cooked as directed on package

1 (4-ounce) package feta cheese, drained

3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and garlic and saute until translucent, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add zucchini and the fennel and saute for another minute. Add artichoke hearts and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and then add oregano. Stir and remove from heat.

Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch pan with 1 cup of the tomato mixture. Top with 2 lasagna noodles. Top with half of the remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Add remaining 2 lasagna noodles and top with remaining tomato mixture.

Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

is it ok if i give you alottttttt of info?

the colonys name was the plymouth colony.

the reason they are in america because they didnt want to go to the church of england so they moved to holland.the pilgrims woried their kids wouldnt learn english ways in holland so they decided to move to Virgina (united states)

on the mayflower.But they did not land in virgina instead they landed in cape cod.

once they landed they chose a land with fesh water and open fields.but their choice was a poor choice. many of the colonist did not no how to work on that marshy land.so the first winter they starved.

but in the spring they met indiands and got help

2 of the indiands were

1. samoset (they both knew english one of them learned it from being a slave)

2.squanto

they lived in peace together until more colonist arrived and this led to fights that turned into wars

the pilgrims worked together sharing /splitting food untill some of them conplained about doing more work than others

then everyone split the land and every man for himself.

-if you dont have a land to plant crops on you dont EAT!

William Bradford-leader in the colony(governor)fought for pilgrims religous ideas.

they ate corn,and fish and other crops

1691 plymouth colony became so big it ended up as Massachusettes bay Colony

here is a website with the food they ate (scroll down and look at the food they ate then search it on the world wide web

http://www.history.com/minisites/thanksg...

1 week ago

Source(s):

lol im reading out of my notes i took today :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Couldn't make it Sunday, the Redskins were playing. Changed it to Thursday because the women needed added calories to make it through black Friday.

• 1 decade ago

no, the real reason thanksgiving was first celebrated was to give thanks for the capture of Captain Kidd the reputed pirate.

lost.eu/21618

Source(s): "lies my teacher told me" shows that the trad. story couldn't've happened. "pirate hunter" tells about Captain Kidd
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.