Who is the best telepath in all of comics?

I mean all around mental abilities. From mind control to mind reading, to illusionist, telekinetic, pyrokinetic and so on. I'll go with the obvious Prof. X of the X-Men. With Jean Grey a close 2nd.

Favorite Answer

It's a toss-up between Prefessor X & Jean (even without the Phoenix Force). But Xavier is a pure telepath, while Jean also has telekinesis. They used to say Cable could outstrip both of them if he didn't have to use some of his powers to keep that virus in check.

And by my definition, a telepath may read minds, converse mentally, and if strong enough, control another mind that is weaker--which can lead people to see things that aren't there. I think the term you want is mentalist, maybe, or psychic powers (which would include Cypher of New Mutants, Mastermind, etc.)

Afraid I don't know the other comic universes very well, though... I thought Dr. Midnight was more in the occult--or do I have him mixed up with someone else?

• Eli

Pyrokenesis isn't really telepathy, and Professor X is a solid answer if it weren't for the fact that Nate Grey aka X-Man kicked his *** pretty flat out. Frankly, anyone who has the Mind Gem and is using it correctly would be tops (So that'd be Thanos or Adam Warlock when they had the Infinity Gauntlet, or Moondragon. I won't mention Magus or Goddess)

Although, according to the Illuminati miniseries, Xavier now supposedly has the Mind Gem, but we haven't seen it since

Doctor Mid-Nite from, DC comics

Aqua Man.. Duh!