1995 Grand Cherokee Jeep?

I have done much research on the problem with my jeep with no start after fuel pump module , fuel injctor flush, good tune up and after all the reading I have done fuel injectors it was pointing to also----can anyone tell me what kind of job this is how many injectors are thre??etc. another possibility was a bad fuel pump module was put in or a dirty gas tank but would that not be something that should have been checked when they put the fuel pump module in???

• Ashlee
    Favorite Answer

Here is my .02 worth. (warning this may be a long post)

If you have the V8 you have 8 fuel injectors that run about $70 - $90 a piece, the I6 (4.0L) uses the same injectors and there are 6 of them.

You can change the injectors on the I6 in about 2 hours (taking your time) and a little longer for the V8. If you have never done it before it is not that hard to do just get a hanes manual and follow the steps, just make sure you lable everything you take off.

I find it hard to believe that all the injectors would go out at once, I had one go bad on my 96 but that was it. If you have had all this work done I would also check the Crankshaft Position Sensor (this cuased my 95' stratus not to start)

The Long Part

Engine Start-Up:

This is an OPEN LOOP mode. When the starter motor is engaged, the PCM receives input from:

Battery voltage

Crankshaft position (CKP) sensor

Engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor

Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor

Throttle position sensor (TPS)

Camshaft position (CMP) sensor

Starter relay

Based on these inputs the PCM will:

-Monitor crankshaft position sensor. If no signal is received within 3 seconds, the PCM will shut down the fuel injection system.

-Supply the injectors with a ground path, firing all injectors until the PCM determines crankshaft position.

-Determine proper ignition timing.

there is a few things you can try also.....to determine if there is a fuel or ignition problem. Pull a vacuum line off the intake manifold and shoot some carburetor cleaner into it and try to start it. If it starts and runs as long as the carburetor cleaner lasts, we know we have a fuel problem. If not, we have an ignition problem.If it is an ignition problem it could be due to a bad Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP), Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) or a bad Ignition Switch

Go to this site and it will walk you thru checking the CKP/CMP to check if it is bad. http://autorepair.about.com/od/faqs/l/bl651h.htm

Source(s): I used this site to find my problem with the 95' Stratus