i love him DONTwant to get married or have kids?

now here my problem i love my bf so much but he wants this whole white picket fence life he wants to get married and have kids and the whole works the thing is i neva did and hes made it qutie clear to me that thers no point in us being together and then not get married so i pretend to be excited when he talks abouut 'our' wedding and 'our' kids and tells everybody im his wife and his family all expect of to get married the thing is i feel that maybe i'll getg use to de idea of marrriage and kids the more we talk about it but it not working wat should i do i love him

• holly
    Favorite Answer

Make it clear that you love him then tell him your true feelings about not being ready for marriage and children just yet. Ask him to stop talking about the subject. Take your time and enjoy one another, go on holidays together be adventurous, you have your whole life ahead of you plenty of time for marriage and children.

It is usually the woman who want these things. In any event, he has done you the favor of raising more red flags prior to a potential marriage than I have ever known. I do not see your love for him as being reciprocal and you don't truly love the things he loves.

If you are not for these things without question there is no point in being together. How nice of him to give you such an easy out. I suggest you take it.

• yockey

you have maximum of mixed up techniques right here, i do no longer think of you're relatively specific what's making you unhappy. no longer something you assert right here might forestall a pair from having a romantic love. working example residing the surburban existence isn't the comparable as no longer having romance. in simple terms like waiting for the youngsters to be grown does no longer mean your spouse will turn a change and alter into romantic and function greater time for intercourse and dates. This has no longer something to do with romance, this has each and every little thing to do with you feeling such as you're starting to be much less emotionally out of the marriage then you definately are putting into it.

Your BF is exactly correct about there is no point in going further if you don't want to marry him and you are stringing him along and being dishonest and disrespectful to him. Cut him loose NOW. If you truly love him, you will be selfless enough to do the right thing by him.

Tell him exactly what you just said here. Both of you will then

have to decide whether or not either of you are still willing to try and make it work, knowing now that each of your feelings about marriage and children may never change.

Good luck

be straight up with him. dont lead him to believe your into all that marriage stuff when your really not if you do that your only hurting both you and him. marriage is really serious and i can see why you dont want it so what you should do immediately is to be completely honest and sincere. say you love him but your not ready whatever you know. he wont want to leave you if he loves you ok and besides he already told his family so chances are he's gonna try to convince you. good luck hope that helps!

• Helena

if you do not share the same dreams and if you have different plans for the future I believe you should break up

you are playing with him and in time he will understand and this will hurt him to much

take care and think about what you really want from him, what kind of life you want to have together

• Water

I would not marry him if you dont want marriage and kids. Dont make him suffer, that would upset me very much if I married the wrong person.

You feel inadequate and probably got a weak self esteem. Your man is a normal guy with strong self esteem. You need to leave him and let him be with a woman who is not affraid of living.

• josh

tell him thats not what you want.tell him that you don't want the same things that he wants,and that you should talk things over so both of you will be happy.