radical asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 decade ago

canadian banks in japan?

i was wondering if there are any Canadian affiliated banks in japan where i can withdrawal from my own bank account. instead of using traveler cheques

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can withdraw money at almost any Bank or ATM machine in Japan as long it has the same network symbol as your ATM card.

• 1 decade ago

Bring travellers cheques. The Canadian banks have representative offices in Tokyo, but they don't do retail business there. I wouldn't rely on a Japanese ATM network's compatibility with a Canadian network. When it comes to credit cards, not every merchant in Japan takes them. The bottom line is, it's best to have cash in Japan.

• 1 decade ago

Due to banking regulations, very few international banks have branches in Japan. You can use your ATM card to withdraw money. ATMs in 7-11 convenience stores, at post offices, and in Citibanks will accept international ATM cards; most other ATMs will not.

You can also exchange travellers cheques and cash for Japanese yen at the airport (be sure to use a bank instead of a money changer store, you'll likely get a better rate).

• 1 decade ago

If there is PLUS or Cirrus marks on the back of your cash card, you would be able to withdraw cash at ATM of Japan Post office.

http://www.australia-ryugaku.jp/images/common/logo...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ATMs are world wide, just look for the symbol that is on your card or get on of the new Visa cards. you put money on them but ther is a fee.

Happy Holidays!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.