itty

HELP ME!!! have you ever been in this situation???? (details inside..)?

My daughter keeps bringing "Little Blue Ben" home from school for her bedtime reading assignments.....I just can't take it no more!!!!

I'm at the point where I wanna "toodle oooOOOo" it right out the window!

How can I politely tell a 5 year old that I tired of reading it???

I just need variety!

I want cherry jello too...

geez....am I such a selfish mommy?

lighten up! She know's that I'm tired of it. She just likes to torment me...like mother, like daughter..

Favorite Answer

Just focus on your Jello.

Just tell her that you know that's her favorite, but variety is the spice of life, and that she needs to bring home a different book each day. Then on the days she does bring home "Little Blue Ben", add some fun by changing the words a bit, like "Itty Bitty Blue". And, please try to focus on the fact that years and years from now, your daughter will remember Mom reading her favorite book in the whole world, with her, when she was 5

Maybe try to introduce her to another fun book, so she will forget about Little Blue Ben. Or suggest a harder book, she might feel smarter that way, which could help her give up the other book. However there is not much a 5 year old can read by herself. OR, pick out a different book that explores her hobbeys, for example, if she likes skating, pick a book about skating.

Tell her it's such a good book the other children want a chance to take it home for their story-time, too. Buy a copy of something YOU can stand and donate it to the school w/her help. If you can afford it, buy two copies. Chances are good she'll want to bring that one home for awhile and there will be another copy available for the other kids.

:) kids nowadays are obsessive at a young age..lol

dont fred, my dear...

if ur kid likes that story a lot, let her be.

u can expand her learning skill through drawing and colouring. Ask her to draw out on a piece of paper on what she understands with the storyboard. U could give her spelling test based on the words in the book. That would make her learn something out of it.

When she is done, motivate her with another story book, and repeat the procedure. I can see that she is a keen person, but with a lil extra effort on ur part, she'll be fine. Trust me!

Greetings

Fitz

Source(s): i used to teach my cousin's daughter that way, it works.

Even though you are a starter you can boost your pulling in general with the aid of Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery from here https://tr.im/cKeUl since each step is broken down to this kind of aspect in order that beginners may follow along somewhat easily.

Pencil Portrait Mastery guide uncovers regular mix-ups that apprentices frequently produce method of show the difficulty of the lips, method to help keep teeth from being overdrawn.

Christopher Sia, the writer with this manual set every thing he learned into Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery, a class that shows beginners the primary abilities and methods needed seriously to become great pencil face artists. Christopher retains his program can be carried out by anybody, whether they have a background in art or not.

pick up some new, cool books from the library and just read those. Tell her that these books are fun to read and they are unique. Tell her (softly) that reading the same book over and over again gets boring and normal. Reading new books will make her smarter. Act like you found the new books and they were sticking out for you.

Source(s): My niece sleeps over a lot. She's 6.

Try reading her similar books, and try telling her about other 'nice' books she can read to get her interested. You could take her to the library, also, and have her look for herself at other books. Also, if she sees other kids with different books she might be prompted to find a new book.

• Nuala

Maybe you can tell her a story from another book and get her interested, and slowly wean her off "Little Blue Ben." Good Luck!

Bring her to a bookstore, stand with her in front of her "age appropiate books" and tell her: "Choose 3 or 4 books!" Suddenly, even I , had closed the chapter of Dr. Seuss !!!

FOREVER !!