What does success in Iraq look like for the United States?

Best Answer

How do you, how does anyone, not know this?

A freeand stable Iraq and Afghanistan that are capable of governing and defending themselves.

I can't make is simpler than that, and it's been the constant message of the president since 2002.

• dotel

for the comparable reason that they have centred purely on the destructive because of the fact the initiating. The media despises something beneficial that would not jive with their liberal time table. while any of them are reporting something destructive they could fairly administration the glee of their voices and expressions. keep in mind Dan particularly's unfounded tale approximately Bush and his military provider? the guy could desire to fairly get the words out with a rapidly face because of the fact he believed he had got here across the silver bullet. And, his "apology"? - properly somebody else screwed up!

A free and Democratic state with a McDonalds and a Burger King on every other corner, next to the Kentucky Fried Chicken. Iraqis can be employed making cars and electronic stuff. Burquas and Hijabs will have to give way to tube tops and mini skirts.

• netjr

A country with out constant violence and attacks against its elected government. A country able to repel invaders from other nations even if done via proxy war like Iran is doing now. A country that respects the human rights of its citizens and is a good member of the International community meaning its no threat to others - any and all others (Israel and US).

have to hate that early response, rely on media for info! Certain to get bad stuff!

A stable working and effective government with a police and army that can maintain the peace. A populace that looks to its government for stregth. Foreign influences are gone.

• kejjer

the perfect scenario would be--

A stable democratic country with the ability to defend itself from it's neighbors while trumpeting individual rights for it's citizens--be they Muslims, Christians, Jews, Kurds, Sunni, or Shiite --or one day Buddist.

It would have a growing economy and would serve as a beacon of democracy in the middle-east for all other Arabs that seek to live in a free country.

In reality--we will probably settle for a quasi socailist country of some type that is stable and able to defend itself while offering the USA some opportunity to pronounce Alqueda defeated so we pull the majority of our troops out.

With a democrat in charge----a horrible terrorist state that attacks it's neighbors--exports radical ideology and works to against the WEST. -----Just so they can say--BUSH CAUSED IT! and I did my best with the mess he left me.

Yeah right there will never be a success in Iraq. Like Afganistan and Vietnam, America has lost both of these wars why sould Iraq be different.

The UN has ordered us to fix the damage we caused in Iraq because they deemed us at fault.

When it gets rebombed we have to rebuild,

If you have heard Osama's messages he is trying to bankrupt the country. The Message was even in English but was not paid attention to.

I rely mostly on the media for my information about Iraq and the war...

...so I'm pretty sure my opinion is absolutely worthless.

When Baghdad looks like Beverly Hills and the U.S looks like Bangladesh !