Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Hollister and Abercrombie stores?

We had an interesting discussion in math class today. We were talking about how Hollister and Abcrombie stores were really dark with little lighting. My teacher made a joke about how we can't even see ourselves in the store when we try on the clothes.. lmao. Anyways, what's your opinion of the design of the store?

it seems fine for some people because their eyes adjust to the darkness..

however it there should be more lighting in some areas of the store.

Favorite Answer

im a stylist at hollister, and same as abercrombie...they try to sell things to consumers by engaging the senses....

smell- by spritzing every 30 mins around the store

sight- marketing, dimly lit lights

sound- loud bumping music

touch- great feeling fabrics

also.. whenever we get secret shopped, a thing they grade us on is "do u wanna dance" .. which is if the employees are having fun, and if the overall atmosphere makes you want to dance... all these things tie into the "atmosphere" of the store.

and about the lighting..... lol this is the way we do it..

NO lights are allowed to be on the floor (with the exception of the front step when you walk into either the guys or girls side)... they can only be aimed at forms (the manikins), T-stands, 14 inches down on the closets, and a little tiny bit on the tables..... even the way the lighting gets done in the fitting rooms is pretty funny... just directly on the mirror.... and nothing else...

... you wouldnt know HOW MANY angry moms come up to me daily either bitching about the LOUD MUSIC (we HAVE to have it set to a certian loudness), or how DARK it is... all we can do is hand them a customer service card, and recommend that they shop on the website...

yeah.. so .. for everyone who complains about how DARK and LOUD it is, ... not to put your hopes down, but calling customer service to complain about it is doing nothing for you... lol you might as well throw your opinion out the window, because nobody at customer service, the stores, or home office is going to change it just so the angry moms of america can shop happily.

=P

Source(s): been with the company for about 2 years.

I think the lighting of Hollister is cool, but it really does suck when you're buying clothes though at times! One time a bought a shirt there that I thought was light blue...when I got home and tried it on it was white. haha

My friend has a joke about the lighting in those stores as well. All the girls at the high school we went to that wore Hollister and abercrombie would always layer their clothes in weird bright colors. Like orange with blue and hot pink w/lime green. My friend would joke around and say its because they thought the colors were different when they bought it at the store.

Abercrombie isn't too dark. I brought my mom into Hollister a while ago to show her some things she could buy my little sister for Christmas, and she hated it. She liked the clothes, but she hated how it was dark, and the music was too loud for her. Haha. She made a joke about the lighting too.

hahaha. i hate the lighting. It is really annoying. but i LOVE the clothes. My whole wordrobe is abercrombie and hollister with american eagle shoes and aeropostale PJ's. lol. but seriously i would rather just order the stuff online cuz i can't stand the way the store is layed out. lol. the only store with good lighting is aero, and i dont even like there clothes that much. lol. well hope thiss helped.

they are the comparable agency.... Hollister is the Abercrombie clone that replace into changed for the surfer crowd and a yonger objective industry (14-18 variety as a replace of the 18-24 crowd that Abercrombie targets)... alot of their outfits are very comparable... humorous how they are their very own opposition... lol i like the two the two

hollister is darker then abercrombie by far. it's a shame too it's really crowded in the store and with people's large tna bags hitting me. UGH! it's good their clothes look and smell nice :P

Hollister is coolio...I luv how the outside is lie a deck and you can smell thre purfume when u walk by. LOL BUt anyway I can see fine in there. Abercrombie is fine too

IDK why u would think its too dark....its not really that bad

Hollister yes, when i went into Abercrombie, it was pretty lit up as i remember.

i guess the darkness jus kinda sets the scene of the hollister.. california feel...(including th loud music) i honestly am not very sure... and yes its hard to see the clothes ...

abercrombie has a good design. but hollister is really crammed and kinda dusty. everytime my sister goes in there she starts sneezing