Drugs....?

I had this amazing boyfriend who treated me like a princess. And he was crazy about me..or so I thought..he got into a bit of depression over college and what he wants to do with his life and whatnot and turned to drugs. cocaine, ecstasy, ketamine(sp?) He changed into a completely different person. A jerk. He doesn't care about anything. He's mean to me. And when I tried to get him help he got mad or wouldnt listen. I couldnt take being brought down with him and even though he said he stopped, he was still different. So I dont know if he was just lying or what. So i ended it. And the guy who a couple weeks ago said he "didnt want to lose me" just said "alritey, have a nice life" im hurt and i feel terrible and i dont know if he changed just because of the drugs or maybe he just changed... and if he'll ever come to his senses..? help :( and dont be mean..im down enough already :)

Best Answer

Drugs do change people... I was hooked on herion but tried all those drugs mentioned (especially ecstasy) and I did ruin a good relationship with an girlfriend (now ex) but I cant tell you whether he will come to his senses or not but I did. If hes still using well he probably would say "see ya" ... or maybe hes still depressed ... when your in recovery you should know that one of the 12 steps (whether you do them or not) is making amends for the things you did ... i didnt follow the 12 steps but I felt like i had to make amends with the people I hurt.... hopefully he will do the same... I wish the best for you! and dont let him bring you down... if hes still using dont enable him ... you may love him ... but you dont want to love him to death! and thats what the drugs will do!

Source(s): experience!!

He doesn't sound like a very nice person to be around. It might have been hard for you, but you did the right thing. I think you should move on with your life and find someone new. I doubt he will ever change.

He may be in college,but he gots lotsa growin up to be doin', you did the right thing. If he dont know "what he's going to do" w/his life,and thinks dope's going to "guide" him, thats a red flag right there. Its best, not to be on the trian, thats inevitably going to crash.

Dont look back.

dnt even waste ur time a drug addict needs another user to be happy and if you dnt do drugs it always going to be a problem so it was a matter of time tha it will end

I think you did the right thing. He needs to hit rock bottom like all drug ddicts do.

okay... drugs do change people but he also changed... so really its both.... hopefully sometime he will change but most people if you lie once you'll lie again....

i hoped i helped good luck

dea