Muslims, do you believe that Adam and Eve were created from dust by Allah?

I ask this because the Qu'ran is said to be words received by Muhammad from Allah, so if the science is wrong then a certain consequence is that Allah is wrong as well.

The reason I have not posed this question to Jehovah Witnesses, Christians, Mormons, or Catholics, because as a former Christian philosophy professor has told me that the Bible is a spiritual guide, not a science textbook, that the apostles were like everyone else in their time, lacking in scientific knowledge. But if the Qu'ran has come directly from Allah, then Allah is to blame.

I'm an STS student and I've never come across a scientific journal article that claims humans were formed out of clay. But I have heard that we are descendants of neanderthal, javaman, cromagnon and etc.

Favorite Answer

the quran also says that man was amde out of water and out of dust and clay and out of nothing

the very premise is faulty cause man wasnt created

Yes I do believe that Adam had been created from clay and Eve had been ctreated by Allah the only one God from Adam's rib bone.It is spoken by Allah in the holy Qur'an surah 15 AlHijr verse 26..In surah 22 Al Haji verse 5, Allah spoke also that that Allah created humans from soil and then become sperms and eggcells,angdthen a dot of blood,a flesh of meat and the last until perfect or unferfect baby in the womb as Allah wanted it.In surah 55 Ar Rahmaan verse

14 Allahj spoke that Allah created humans from dry soil.

The human creation has been proven by medical science too that by eating and drinking of evrything which come out from soil man has sperms and woman has egg cells..The meeting of sperm and egg cell will make a woman pregnant.The process just like has been spoken by Allah in Surah 22:5 said above.Without eating and drinking man and woman will not have a good sperms and egg cells.

Source(s): Qur'an and Hadfith

The Qu'ran does say that God created Adam and Eve, from clay. The description of this creation is somewhat vague compared to the great detail offered by the Bible. Eve's creation isn't specifically described, nor is she named (but she's usually referred to by Muslims as Hawwa, or 'Eve' in Arabic), but it says: We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape..." (15:26).

"It is He Who created you from a single person, and made his mate of like nature, in order that he might dwell with her in love" (7:189).

As for the relation between the Qu'ran and science, that's a bit more complicated. The Qu'ranic description of creation doesn't have to be mutually exclusive to science in my opinion: And Allah has produced you from the earth, growing (gradually)"(71:13-17). Depending on how you want to interpret that, that doesn't necessarily preclude evolution, or gradual seismic development of the earth, or any of those things.

And yes, I do suppose if the Qu'ran is wrong, Allah could be wrong. That's always the fun in religion :) But you can always argue that it's not the scripture that's wrong, but man's flawed interpretation.

He created Adam and Eve from clay. Everything was created by a big bang of dust anyway, what's so strange about saying humans are made from clay?

Surah 15:26 "And We have created man from a clay hardened and shaped."

Surah 55:14 "He created the human from a clay, like pottery.

They weren't created from dust (o_O), they were ceated from earth and water.