Do you know the title of this T. Davis Bunn book?

It had two teen age girls, who ran away.

One set of parents were looking for them.

Another set didn't seem to care at all.

I believe Marcus Glenwood was the lawyer who was trying to find them. (but I could be wrong about that point).

My mother read it along time ago, and now that I'm getting into T. Davis Bunn's books, I'd like to read it too, yet she can't remeber the title, only that it was a good book.

• ck1
    Favorite Answer

Could the book for which you're searching be Promises to Keep from 1991? It's one of his first books (his third to be exact).

Amazon's description: "Her face showed one marking that he had seen too often since beginning the present work eyes "that were much older and harder than they should be in a girl of this age. It always gave him a pang, seeing eyes like that. He felt the silent accusations of his own daughter's stare-From Chapter One"

"The two girls, teenage friends in a Washington suburb, both disappeared one day without explanation. It was an anguished story that Duncan Wyeth had heard too many times in his lonely years as a private investigator, a parent's cry that haunted his own life. Why had they run away? Where had they gone? Could he find them? Would he ever find his own girl?

"When Wyeth's search for the two runaways is joined by Jeremy Hughes (T.J. Case's supportive friend from The Presence), together they follow a trail that leads to the streets of Los Angeles. What they discover is a shocking underworld of hopeless and helpless kids caught in a web of fear, addiction and violence.

"How can the two men break through the darkness to the exploited teens and their misguided parents? Is their search already in vain? And why is Senator Adderly's legislation to protect juveniles met with bland indifference in Washington, and organized resistance under the guise of constitutional rights?

"Against a Backdrop of Greed and Indifference, Truth and Love Must Shine Even stronger."

See http://www.amazon.com/Promises-Keep-TJ-Case-2/dp/1... and http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/t-davis-bunn/