A single earring on which side means gay for man?

I wanna get a ear pierce, but some of my friends say that a single earring on left side is gay, while some think the right side, could you guys please tell me, thanks!

• Favorite Answer

Originally if a man in North America had his left ear pierced it meant that he was gay and sexually dominant, and having his right ear pierced meaning gay and sexually submissive.

Gradually, it evolved to a man with his right ear pierced perceived as being gay and a man with his left ear being pierced perceived as being straight.

Now, it just means a pierced ear.

(Men getting their ear pierced originated with pirates; the value of the earring was meant to pay for their burial if they were lost at sea and their body washed ashore).

• Terri4 years agoReport

I agree with the pirate

Gay Earring Side

Men Earring

April

• Antdak

It no longer means anything. Back in the 80's it did, but now days any man can have his ear pierced, and does not mean he is gay or straight.

piercing right or left, in the word of God it say if a man want to continue being a slave that his master would take him to the door and run a awl through his ear, and he will serve him forever, your body is the temple of God treat it that way. Exodus 21-6. 1 Cor 6 19-20,

I had to make sure of this myself..I just have my left ear pierced once (Im straight), having both is for girls, and just right is gay apparently

I believe a single earriing on the left ear say that this guy is cool: hip (in style),but just a cool person.

I have an earring on my left side and since the confusion (and the fact I'm not homosexual) I honestly don't care what side it's on

right side is gay left side is straight

its just a stereotype cause lets say your straight and you get it on the left that doesn't mean your gay cause you know your not.Cause if that was the case wouldn't getting both sides make you bi?