debbie w asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

i have a 7 week old puppy i have to go out for the tommor for awhile how long can i leave him in his crate for

Favorite Answer

The general rule is # of months + 1 (So if 2 months, 3 hours).

I wouldn't personally leave a 7 week old pup for more than 2 hours.

i would not leave a puppy that young for more than an hour. You never know what could happen. When my puppy was 6 weeks old, she was chewing on the bars of her crate, and got her jaw stuck, WHILE WE WERE THERE. Puppies get into all sorts of trouble and it isn't worth the risk.

• Lyn B

7 week old puppies have very small bladders and he cannot hold his need to pee more than an hour or two. Put him in the bathroom (hopefully tile floor) with a pee pad or some newspapers. Easier clean up and he should not be allowed to pee in his crate. You could put the crate in the bathroom with door open and papers available to relieve (thick pad of papers)

7 weeks is way too young to be left alone for more than 3-4 hour stretches. They need to be feed during this time. Perhaps see if a friend can watch the puppy.

i wouldn't leave him alone much longer then an hour or so. Esp. confined to a crate. get a baby gate and confine him in a kitchen or bathroom with puppy pads in case he has to pee. leave food and water and some toys and his crate in there. then you can leave him for 3 hours or longer as he will have room and food and piddle place.

If he's that young, I wouldn't leave him alone for more than an hour or two.

http://www.standardpoodlesusa.com/crate-training.h...

He's little he can't hold it for too long. I would say maybe 2 hours. I think 3 you maybe pushing it.

you can at leave him in his carat for 4 horses