My liver test ALT level of 66 . . . is it o.k. . . .?

Liver test ALT level of 66 . . . is it o.k. . . .it was also the same last year . . . Please someone answer this question . . . is this reading dangerously high !?

Favorite Answer

This is a bit high. A normal level is 4-36. Very high levels of alkaline phosphatase can be caused by liver disorders, such as hepatits, blockage of the bile ducts, gallstones, cirrhosis, liver cancer, or cancer that has spread to the liver from another location in the body, bone diseases, such as Paget's disease, osteomalacia, rickets, bone tumors, or by overactive, parathyroid glands, hyperparathyroidism, heart failure, heart attack, hepatitis and mono. You can read more here

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/alanine-a...

Your doctor would need to do further testing to determine the exact cause.

Source(s): I am a nurse for over 22 years

This is high but not a critical high. The normal adult range is 10-35 Units per liter. By rights, you should be asking this question of your doctor. I suggest that you do this.

Source(s): I'm a nurse.

i'll put it plain and simple. you could have any of the following issues going on....

hep b

hep c

autoimmune hepatitis

or

nash (fatty liver)

i'd seek the opinion of a doctor and get tested for any hepatitis. they are all usually chronic diseases with many symptoms, yet most folks aren't aware of their health declining. it's important to get tested okay????

Source(s): riss-hepatitis c objectives