What is the survival rate of A.L.L. Leukemia in adults?

I was just wondering. My mother was just diagnosed and I was looking it up. Too many website are too different. Just wondering if anyone out here might have an ideal.

Favorite Answer

well it really depends on when they found out that they have that sort of cancer!

During 1996- 2003 relative survival rates overall were:

* Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL): 65.3 percent overall; 90.4 percent for children under 5

* Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL): 74.8 percent

* Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML): 20.7 percent overall; 54.1 percent for children under 15

* Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML): 44.4 percent

At the present time there are approximately 218,659 people living with leukemia in the United States.

It is anticipated that approximately 21,790 deaths in the United States will be attributed to leukemia in 2007 (12,320 males and 9,470 females).

Check this out:

http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/all_page?item_id=...

First of all, no one can tell you or her that. They would be guessing, and that's not really fair. They might be able to give a range. For example, they may say your mother would live five years, then she gets hit by a bus while crossing the street.

I mean that no one knows how long they have on this earth. Plain and simple.

According to the web, the five-year survival rate for ALL is over 63%, which is pretty good, considering treatment is getting better all of the time.

Your Mom should be able to get that answer from the Oncologist who diagnosed her condition.