Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

its about this laptop i'm thinking of buying i wanna know if its worth it and it won't break down on meh.

The HP Pavilion tx1000 Entertainment Notebook PC thats the laptop its around £700 i think does anyone own one? if u do is it good and worth it? or does anyone have a friend who has it and recommends it?

• n
    Favorite Answer

Personally I wouldn't buy this laptop.

Firstly it's got an AMD processor which is not as good or as fast as the new Intel dual core ones.

For £750 you can buy a much better spec in the Dell XPS laptop. A 2ghz dual core processor & Tuxedo Black & 2.0 mega pixel Camera for CCFL Display [Included in Price].

A bigger Ultrasharp true life monitor, Twice as much memory (2Gb), 160Gb hard drive.

Geforce 8400 128Mb graphics card (the HP isn't clear if it is an integrated card but in any case the Dell is better).

Also the Dell has a slot DVD writer/reader.

PLUS a biometric finger print scanner.

All in all the Dell is better spec, better quality and their customer service is good too.

Although I don't actually sell Dell laptops I have ordered over 800 for my customers as I have a direct line to them.

In 4 years or more I have never had a Dell in for repair.

I would recommend the dv6500. I have that and its great! Plus its a little cheaper. Has all the same features as the tx1000 but will last longer. Doesn't have a swivel screen though.

• Me

HP computers are decent. You shouldn't have too much problem with HP. Plus their customer service reps usually cave after 20 minutes so you can get a lot of stuff done for free :P.

I would consult with consumerreports.org or pcmag.com, both are good sources. I use these whenever I have any questions or need some advice on computers or related technology. Try going to epinions.com for tons of user reviews and go to froogle.com for best prices.

http://www.laptopdestination.com/free-trojan-horse...