Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Classic Rock. List Some Good Songs?

Hey Everyone Hope You All Had A Awesome Christmas! =)

So I wan't to put some songs onto my ipod and I don't know to many names to popular classic rock songs, can you help?

I like songs like Sweet Home Alabama and artists like Pink Floyd. I can't think of any REALLY good song names or artists so if you could list them out for me and tell me witch are your favorite that be great! Thanks =)

~~~~Happy New Year!~~~~

OH I ALSO LIKE THE BAND RUSH

Best Answer

AEROSMITH- Dream on, Amazing, Rag doll

KISS- I was made for loving you, detroit rock city

CINDERELLA- Nobody's fool

SKID ROW-in a darkened room

GUNS N' ROSES- Sweet child of mine, welcome to the jungle, Don't cry, November rain

DEEP PURPLE- Stormbringer, Hush, Burn, Highway star

LED ZEPPELIN-Immigrant song

MANFRED MANN'S EARTH BAND- Blinded by the light, The Mighty quinn

DIRE STRAITS- tunnel of love, Sultans of swing, telegraph road, Romeo and Juliet

PHIL COLLINS- I don't care anymore, In the air tonight

FRANK ZAPPA- Po Jama people

DREAM THEATER- Space dye vest, Sacrified sons

BLUE OYSTERCULT- Don't fear the reaper

YES- Owner of a lonely heart

DAVID BOWIE- China girl, ashes to ashes, heroes

THE ROLLING STONES- anybody seen my baby, angie, gimme shelter, honky tonk woman

SUPERTRAMP- crime of the century, goodbye stranger,

GENESIS- Afterglow, Many too many, Squonk, ripples

edit..... Happy 2008 to you too.....

all these songs are great !!!!!!!!!

Source(s): my IPOD
  • Judith

Letsagetabitarockin' - The 101'ers Rock 'n' Roll Damnation - AC/DC Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith It's My Life - The Animals Tomorrow's Child - Apryl Fool Leg - Arzachel Movin' On - Bad Company Gimme Your Money Please - Bachman-Turner Overdrive Lions, Christians - Bang Back In The USSR - The Beatles Into The Void - Black Sabbath Parchment Farm - Blue Cheer Flaming Telepaths - Blue Oyster Cult Atomic Bombs Away - Blues Creation BRTCD - Bolder Damn Let Me Take You Home Tonight - Boston Country Girl - Brinsley Schwarz Guts - Budgie I'm A Man - The Buckinghams Shylock - Buffalo So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star - The Byrds Long Tall Sally - Cactus And I Wish I Were Stoned/Don't Worry - Caravan Ain't That A Shame - Cheap Trick Let It Rock - Chuck Berry Good Guys Don't Wear White - The Count Bishops Strange Brew - Cream Woodstock - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young My Son's Alive - Crushed Butler Thread Your Needle - Dave Edmunds Space Truckin' - Deep Purple Lightning To The Nations - Diamond Head Expresso Love - Dire Straits Soul Kitchen - The Doors She Does It Right - Dr. Feelgood Twenty Flight Rock - Eddie Cochran Why Should I Care Anymore - Eddie & The Hot Rods Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleedin' - Elton John Promised Land - Elvis Presley That's All You Need - Faces Satori Pt. 1 - Flower Travellin' Band The Hunter - Free Drivin' Blues - Frijid Pink Gotta Keep A-Runnin' - The Godz Shinin' On - Grand Funk Railroad Dark Hollow - The Grateful Dead No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature - The Guess Who Mirror Of Illusion - Hawkwind Never Been Any Reason - Head East Silhouettes - Herman's Hermits Death Warmed Up - High Tide Long Dark Road - The Hollies Brush With The Midnight Butterfly - Human Beast Railway & Gun - The Human Instinct 30 Days In The Hole - Humble Pie Flash Of The Blade - Iron Maiden I Ain't Superstitious - Jeff Beck Group Castles Made Of Sand - The Jimi Hendrix Experience Memphis - Johnny Rivers Heading Out For The Highway - Judas Priest 20th Century Man - The Kinks Freelance Fiend - Leaf Hound Dancing Days - Led Zeppelin Night Of The Assassins - Les Rallizes Denudes Motor City Is Burning - MC5 Omaha - Moby Grape Overkill - Motorhead Miss Misery - Nazareth Hey Hey My My - Neil Young Looking For A Kiss - New York Dolls Girl I'm So Alone - The Open Mind Hurry Sundown - The Outlaws Can't Be Right - Pat Travers Just Like Me - Paul Revere & The Raiders Forever My Queen - Pentagram Brain Damage/Eclipse - Pink Floyd Buzz The Jerk - The Pretty Things Thor - The Pink Fairies Saint Jack - The Primevals '39 - Queen Roll With The Changes - REO Speedwagon Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones Shadow Play - Rory Gallagher Love Is The Drug - Roxy Music Finding My Way - Rush Master Hare - Savoy Brown Gloria - The Shadows Of Knight Lazy Sunday- The Small Faces Dirty Robber - The Sonics Pulling Mussels (From The Shell) - Squeeze Caroline - Status Quo TV Eye - The Stooges Man From Mecca - Sweet 20th Century Boy - T. Rex No More White Horses - T2 What's Going On - Taste Here Comes The Night - Them Cowboy Song - Thin Lizzy The Waiting - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Draggin' The Line - Tommy James & The Shondells Make The Journey - Tractor You Can All Join In - Traffic Easy Livin' - Uriah Heep Call Me Lightning - The Who Time Was - Wishbone Ash Burning A Sinner - Witchfinder General Care Of Cell 44 - The Zombies Tush - ZZ Top

Bad Company - Bad Company

Hair of the Dog - Nazareth

Never Been Any Reason - Head East

Slow Ride - Foghat

Show Me The Way [LIVE] - Peter Frampton

(Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue =D6yster Cult

Cold As Ice - Foreigner

Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent

Just What I Needed - The Cars

Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money

Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf

Evil Ways - Santana

American Woman - Guess Who

All Right Now - Free

Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull

Walk Away - The James Gang

Paradise by dash board light - Meatloaf

I'd Love To Change The World - Ten Years After

Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) - The Hollies

Frankenstein - The Edgar Winter Group

Urgent - Foreigner

Big Balls - Kiss

Radar Love - Golden Earring

White Wedding - Billy Idol

Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

Give me 5 Steps - Lynard skynard

You'll Love These!!!

ACDC-TNT, Back in Black, Thunderstruck, etc.

Bad Company- Bad Company

CCR- Proud Mary, Up Around the Bend, Down on the Corner

Lynyrd Skynyrd- Simple Man, Tuesdays Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Free Bird, That Smell.

Ram Jam- Black Betty

Alice Cooper- Schools Out For Summer

Steve Miller Band- Take the Money and Run, Rock N' Me, Stuck in the Middle with You, the Joker

Tom Petty- Running Down a Dream, Wont Back Down

Survivor- Eye of the Tiger

Aerosmith- Dream On, Walk this Way, Sweet Emotion

Bachmen Turner Overdrive (BTO)- Takin' Care of Business, Roll On Down the Highway

Def Leppard- Pour Some Sugar On Me

Sweet- Ballroom Blitz, Fox on the Run

Jimi Hendrix- Cocaine, Purple Haze

Free- Alright Now

Kansas- Carry on my Wayward Son

Kiss- Domino, Detroit Rock City, Rock & Roll all Night

Rolling Stones- Start Me Up, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Satisfaction

Steppenwolf- Born to Be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride

The Who- Pinball Wizard, Baba O'Reiley (Teenage Wasteland)

ZZ Top- Bad to the Bone, Shard Dressed Man.

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run, Dancing in the Dark

Heart - Barracuda, Magic Man, Crazy On You

Queen - Keep Yourself Alive, Another One Bites the Dust, Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir, Stairway to Heaven

The Doors - Roadhouse Blues

Kansas - Carry on My Wayward Son

Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way

Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down

ZZ Top - Legs

Bad Company - Rock n Roll Fantasy

Bob Seger - Turn the Page

Grateful Dead - Friend of the Devil

The Rolling Stones - Satisfaction

Well, Queen is utterly fantastic, but if you're stuck with Rock as your only genre, that takes out a lot of Queen, they didn't want to be labeled so they wrote songs in every category.

But anyway.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a must. Yes, it's Rock-Opera, but theres a reason it keeps winning 'Best Song of All Time' contests.

I Want It All.

The Show Must Go On.

Don't Stop Me Now.

Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Rockabilly, close enough?)

We Will Rock You

Princes of the Universe

ooh, and Resurrection by Brian May. He was guitarist for Queen, so you know it rocks!

Wow..i will do my best to remember all the good classic rock songs i can...

Led Zeppelin.....well pretty much everything from them is good..but here are some favs..

Fool In the Rain, All my love,whole lotta love,Baby im gonna leave you, Nobodys fault but mine....

Pink Floyd...anything from "the wall" and " the Dark side of the Moon"...Comfortably Numb, Mother,Another Brick in the wall, Goodbye Blue Sky...the machine, Time, Hey You, wish you were here, Run like hell...sooo many more

Rolling Stones....seriously too many to name.

Diar Straits...sultan of swing, money for nothing, ....man i cant think

Tom petty...

Zz Top- Underpressure, legs,

Lynard Skynard- Tuesdays gone, Simpleman, Gimme 3 steps, That Smell,.

you like the band RUSH!!! enough said my friend now your taking this from a 14 year old girl but i do know what i am talking about

If your looking for Rush you need 2112 its just a must. also the new album snakes and arrows i really did enjoy that but with the fans its kinda split so i do recommend getting a sample of that first. oh and songs in general. YYZ is a classic i love the guitars in this one. spirit of the radio is also a good one. but i could go on day and night about rush so heres some other bands i recommend.

Besides rush I'm also crazy for AC/DC so of course I'm going to recommend them. I've also found that theres usually at least one AC/DC song out there for everyone.

Also Led Zeppelin Black Dog / Nazareth ( if i spelled that wrong I'm sorry) Hair of the dog / Judas priest love the prisoners of pain CD / And Blue oyster cult's Godzilla and burnin for you

But heck i could sit here forever handing out recommendations but i hope i helped and Rock on!!!

If you like Sweet Home Alabama, check out Lynard Skynard's other songs. About the only songs by them played on the radio are that one and Free Bird, but they made so many good songs that don't get nearly enough play, such as:

That Smell

Gimme back My Bullets

Needle and The Spoon

• Layne

Well,Over The Hills and far Away is a starter song by Led Zeppelin, Knockin' On Heaven's Door by Bob Dylna. I can't think...