Why hasn't The Salvation Army been torn to shreds on R&S? Or in the world in General?

The Mission Statement of the Salvation Army USA:

The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.

The Doctrines of the Salvation Army:

We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God, and that only they constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.

We believe that there is only one God, who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.

We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and equal in power and glory.

(this is incomplete I ran out of "characters")

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn.nsf/vw...

I just want to add I am not trying to "cause trouble". Just want to make people think.

I really wasn't expecting ANY negative answers here. The point I was trying to make is that their are organizations who do really great work in the name of God. To those of you who have had a bad experience I am very sorry.

• Dana C
    Favorite Answer

Awesome point!! I think the people on R & S will have something negative to say about ANYthing LOL. Mostly, they like to tear down others here instead of a helpful world wide organization because they get immediate response here, which seems to be what they're after. I personally didn't realize this much about the Salvation Army except that I like their thrift stores and the fact that they give out $50 walmart cards to needy teens at Christmas :-) Oh! and don't they also have homeless shelters? I know the YMCA does....Hmmmm - YMCA stands for Young Men's Christian Association - they've been left unscathed here too so far LOL

It hasn't been torn to shreds because they do good things and focus on that only. They may be a religious organization but we certainly never heard The Salvation Army preaching the gospel - but living it.

Those are the Christians I will always admire and support. After all, hadn't it been for The Salvation Army, this Poppy wouldn't be here today typing out this response.

.

Source(s): Atheist, a survival of the seige of Sarajevo

I don't know much about the Salvation Army, other than they collect money outside stores during the Christmas season. Their doctrines sound like standard Christian beliefs. So my guess about why they are not singled out for bashing on Yahoo Answers is that they are relatively small, they don't take strong public stands on controversial issues, and they apparently have a clean operation that does good work.

I would not join the salvation army as a church. However, they are great in what they do on earth. In fact my church helps them and catholic charities, because of the low ratio of overheads to distribution. During the destruction of Ms and La, the Salvation Army called the Distribution center of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint and ask them if they could provide canned stew etc that would only have to be heated up and not have to be prepared and cooked. The next day a 40 ft trailer arrived full of goods including clean up kits, and they unloaded and distributed it.

When goods have to be distributed where the catholic church is strong and we are not, we coordinate our efforts of food etc with Catholic Charities who distribute 100 % of it and dont keep or sell half of it.

I think the answer to that is because the Salvation Army so obviously does do good works, and is organized to do so.

Other denominations' works aren't quite as organized or publicized.

Plus you don't see Salvation Army televangelists scamming people for money, which gives other Christians a bad name.

Source(s): "When Bad Christians Happen to Good People" by Dave Burchett
  • ?

i wish that Justice comes quickly for that poor little baby... The McCanns have executed no longer something different than attempt to hamper or divert an professional learn... i've got faith that the sole reason that they stayed in Portugal in the 1st place became to cover there tracks and injury information.. And whilst confronted with questions they ran (at the same time with washing her cuddle cat.. why if that became the final toy my baby had i definitely does no longer desire to bathe away her scent and fragrance, the cuddle cat could have been between the sole emotional hyperlinks of the existence of the baby in its previous couple of days.. In my ideas besides) - (yet another factor relating to the cuddle cat is that if Kate and Gerry theory that there baby were abducted then could they no longer have theory that possibly the abductor had touched or moved it together as in the condominium and could have a achievable distant places DNA fragment on it assisting the police... yet NO it became washed.. whilst asked for,... this I do merely no longer understand) The humorous factor is they theory that the PJ have been stupid.. i do no longer think of so .. particular the crime scene could have been sealed greater effective.. yet decrease than the circumstances and extensive media domination with the help of the McCann Propaganda Dept... i think of that the PJ are doing fairly nicely and so do the McCanns otherwise they does no longer be attempting to rock the boat so no longer easy. I certanly wish that this DNA technologies ends the McCanns as quickly as and for all and places them firmly at the back of bars.. Allthough i think of that The PJ could have greater up there sleeve than is being permit on... no longer in easy terms do they could desire to collate information they could desire to ensure that any McCann nicely paid criminal employed jackel cant pull it aside on technicalitys.. that's in easy terms a count of time

Years ago when my children were young I signed up for a food box at the Salvation Army at Christmas time. Living in a rural area I had to drive two counties over on the day they were to give these out. I was told no food box for me because I didn't live in that county. They offered me one used toy and one new toy each for my children however, no food box. The county I lived in had no place available for me to go. We ate ketchup and bread for that's all we had.

Are you crazy???

The world needs the Red Cross and Salvation Army. It's true Christianity at work.

• Perhaps because they follow Jesus' message of loving they neighbor and actually use their religion to do good things in the world.

I've never known them to force their religious message on anyone. They do not exchange religious indoctrination for their resources.

• Ella

When I put money into their collection pot, I never thought of it having a religion tied into it.

I just assumed the money would help people that needed it.