Humm.since the US has its own nuclear weapons-(many, I might add) how would you feel if some other country ?

,,

decided to attack, bomb,kill indiscriminately, and invade and occupy the United States PRE-EMPTIVELY - simply because they did not like bush, and were still angered because of the atom bomb attack on Japan, and other military attacks made by the United States?

or to simply force the United States to become a party to the Non-Proliferation Treaty?

or to force the United States to conform to the same weapons'inspections' as are other nations?

(and please don't tell me that those nations are considered 'rogue' because we all know,(or should know) that many countries hate us, AND we also know that many of them consider the U.S. as a rogue nation also.

So please respond with respect to the questions.

Thanks.

Sorry but we are not a country 'above all others' unless that means that we have the almighty permission to kill others all under the guise of so-called 'democracy.' We are a different 'culture' --but we have many faults just as other countries do.

and please.

because I do NOT believe as you do or ascribe to the republican side of the coin does not make me a 'liberal'

In fact I am a young woman, college educated, under 24 years of age, will not vote for Hilary or Guilliani.

I am not a democrat or republican.

I think for myself.

I am not a follower.

I do not condescend to or put down others because of their beliefs.

I simply ask questions, receive answers and make up my OWN mind.

Not yours.

and for Sarah?

humm read some WORLD History books friend. And stop inviting people to move for goodness sake. That invite is tired and rhetorical. People invite others to leave when they can offer no other useful response. I asked questions. I did not ask for a term paper based on your limited knowledge.

Best Answer

yes america is the biggest hypocritical country on earth and thats why half of the world hate us,not because we're rich,not because we're free

somehow we get off telling everybody else they can't have nuclear weapons when we do and tell them they have to abide by international treaties and un law when we don't and tell them they can't have nuclear weapons because they're a dagerous country when we was the only country in history to drop the bomb twice

THIS is one of the great questions of our times!

Who made the US the "Guardian Of Nuclear Energy"?

Who made the decision that it is our government's job to decide which nations have nuclear weapons and which do not?

This is all part of the New Imperialism that the US has engaged in since being handed the mantle of World Policeman by the British Empire.

This entire concept is in opposition to the principles The Republic was founded upon, to use the words of Jefferson "Trade and friendship with all, alliances with none", Nothing in that statement about deciding how other nations are armed is there?

I remain in the Spirit of '76 and for the Republic.

William Potter

Jefferson Republican Party

www.jeffersonrepublicanparty.com

Well, the US is a responsible country with their nuclear weapons. They're not Iran threatening to annihalate and "wipe other nations" off the map.

Sure our foreign policy hasn't been that great across the globe however, a lot of our policies overseas, sometimes, has been beneficial to the US and other nations.

Now I don't think we should be involved in other nations' affairs but I don't think any country would be dumb enough to attack the United States.

• Mir

Have we attacked anyone with nuclear/atomic weapons unprovoked? Japan attacked the US for no reason if you will remember correctly. They had plans to use an atomic bomb on us and we beat them to it.

Other countries besides the US have nuclear/atomic weapons. They haven't attacked us yet and you had better believe that they have good reasons not to. I'm pretty sure that the Soviet Union would have nuked us during the cold war if they thought they could get by with it. Notice that it didn't happen.

If you hate the US and every thing that it stands for so much than you should make a huge statement by MOVING

Might makes right. We will do what is in our best interests.

Thank God the adults are in charge. You liberals think the world is some nice, safe utopia where everyone plays nice and the only country to ever do anything wrong is the US.

Guess what? The world is complicated. Get over it.

And which one of the Democrats will you be voting for Sean Penn or Susan Sarandon. We have a country that is above all others and it is the rest of the world that wants what we have.

It would suck, but who would be able to do that? Nobody. Luckily for us, we do have many nukes. Also, who is going to force us to do anything? Nobody. It may not be fair but that is the world we live in.

I would definitely feel a tad grumpy. But no-one is that stupid, we'd turn their country or countries into a sheet of black glass and ash.