Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What is your favorite food or favorite style of food ex: Italian, mexican, chinese, spanish, german, etc.)?

• John N
    Best Answer

Italian.

Depends on where I'm at, I've had the good fortune to have pretty much traveled the world over more than once, and have made friends all along the way, from Norway to Nigeria, and Tibet to Tahiti. Each place I've been has something unique to offer by way of the dinner table.

Granted some of the "Local" dishes are an aquired taste, but others are suprisingly very good, most of what I ate in africa and India and the mideast I could'nt pronounce very well at the time - let alone remember the name of now - other than the food was indiginous, often rancid or close to it, unless it was a fruit or vegetable dish, (yams were a great staple in many african countries).

But perhaps the best of foriegn foods I've ever had were at on campus fund raisers in the '70's when it was popular to have "All Nations Day" food booths - usually set up in the University Basketball Gymnasium. Frequent Host Nation favorites: France, China, Japan, Thailand, Mexico, Italy, England, Ireland, Germany, Scotland, Nicaragua, Panama, South Africa, The Congo, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yugoslavia, Poland, Sweden, Norway, Madagascar, Tahiti, The Phillipines, Micronesia, Australia, New Zealand, Afganastan, Russia, India, and Pakistan to name a few.

At these food fairs the selected dishes and treats offered are genuine - usually deserts or snack food, but they are carefully chosen to be paletable to the charity patrons who are expected to shell out anywhere from $ $ 25.00 to $ 1,000.00 to knosh on chocolate covered scorpions with orchids, saute'd cobra in a reduced merlot & butter sauce, bird's nest soup with song bird embrios & honey, scotch eggs, haggis, baked yams and wild African Bee Honey, Tempura Fried vegatables and sea urchin eggs. All served with a variety of cold and hot beverages.

• Tammy

Italian

Chinese

Spanish and Italian food. Pasya is my favorite

• Oz

Italian.

Italian / German

1.) Mexican/Spanish/Central/South American

2.) Italian/French/German

3.) Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese/Japanese - No sushi please.

4.) Greek

• ?

Italian and Chinese.

I love Italian, but I like Mexican also.