Why does eating cheese make me sweat?

Why does it make me sweat?Is it just me or do others have a strange sweating sensation on the face when eating various cheeses?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Casomorphin an ingredient in cheese has an effect similar to an opioid narcotic which can cause dilation of the subcutaneous blood vessels causing flushing of the face and neck and resultant sweating.

• Jasmine5 years agoReport

If i were to rate this comment 1 to 5 i would give it a 5 *****. Its very well written and its in details.

• 3 years ago

Does Cheese Sweat

• 1 decade ago

Good question..

Are you diabetic by chance? Some studies have shown Diabetics to have facial sweating(gustatory sweating) when eating certain foods, cheese being the most common.

• 5 years ago

Cheese makes you sweat due to the chemicals inside the cheese. It also depends if the cheese is spicy. Most people who have the cheese sweating get it around their neck, under their eyes or their arm pits. There is something that is in the cheese and it goes to your blood vessels then your sweat comes out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe you get so excited that you are eating cheese, that you can not control yourself. I have never sweated eating cheese. Make sure you are not allergic, or turn on the AC. Good luck!!

• 5 years ago

I've always gotten the same sensation myself. It's like a cold clammy feeling under your eyes. I'm not sure what it is, possibly a sensitivity to tyramine? Not many people will know what you're talking about when you mention it, they just look at you like "what the hell are you talking about?" But there are definitely other cheese sweaters out there too lol

• 4 years ago

This is the same technique I have taught over 138,000 men and women in 157 countries to successfully treat their excessive sweating condition over the past 7 years!

Remember: Watch the whole video, as the ending will pleasantly surprise you�

• Diane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It's an allergic reaction. I have the same problem whenever I eat ketchup or some sauces like sweet and sour sauce.

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDDEp

• 3 years ago

Source(s): I Treated My Diabetes http://ReverseDiabetesToday.enle.info/?3C83
  • 1 decade ago

Don't know about sweats, but I have some wicked dreams on Stinky Cheddar.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.