Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysValentine's Day · 1 decade ago

Valentine's Day Ideas?

been married for awhile and in need of a unique valentines day idea.....

Favorite Answer

Make your Valentine's Day Present Personal

You're spending a year together to plan a day celebrating your love, using all your creativity and resources to do so. And now you have to come up with a Valentine's Day present? Talk about pressure! Don't worry, here are great suggestions for creative Valentine's Day gifts that are sure to impress and surprise.

New Twists on Traditional Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

Skip the Valentine's Day Aisle The marketing folks at the mall have decided to emblazon everything from boxer shorts to stuffed animals with red hearts, but that doesn't mean they make great Valentine's Day gifts. The thoughtful present is the one that counts. Take the time to listen to clues for what she or he really wants. This might be a book that they mentioned looks interesting, or if they're a collector, something new for their collectibles shelf. Most guys would far rather have a pair of tickets to their favorite sports team than a bunch of flowers, and many girls would rather have those tickets than an impersonal heart-shaped box of chocolates.

Amazingly Delicious and Unique Chocolates For some, it just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without that box of chocolates. This year, don't just pick up a cheap box from the drug store, get something really special. My favorite chocolatier, Jacques Torres, now has his famous chocolates for sale online at www.mrchocolate.com. Along with traditional favorites, his unusual flavors include Earl Grey Tea, Love Potion #9, Port Wine, and Wicked Fun – a spicy dark chocolate ganache with chili pepper and cinnamon. Make sure you include a card with a long paragraph about how much your Valentine means to you.

Another twist on Valentine’s Chocolates is decadent brownies. Fat Witch Brownies in NYC offers a Sweetheart Deal” of 9 original fudgy decadent brownie babies, 2 blonde babies, and 2 walnut babies for $19.95.

Make Jewelry Special One of the most traditional Valentine's gifts can be made special with a little time -- personalize your gift with engraving. Include that secret pet name, or an inside joke that makes you smile. The thought will be romantic and sweet.

Comfy AND Sexy Lingerie Guys, don't go the stiletto heels and crotchless panties route unless she wears that sort of thing frequently already. Make sure that valentine's lingerie is as much for her as it is for you. I love This DKNY Chemise which is sexy but also a comfortable cotton. For a slightly sexier look, try this red lacy camisole and boy short set. Girls, be daring. Surprise him by picking him up from work in a long coat with nothing but a new teddy on underneath! Now that's lingerie both of you can enjoy.

Dress up the bedroom If giving lingerie for Valentine's Day is too predictable for you, take it a step further by dressing up the bedroom. Buy a new set of luxurious sheets 600-thread count Egyptian cotton. Set a bouquet of flowers next to the bed, and decorate with candles and rose petals. You'll enjoy the ambiance on February 14th, but you'll also get to enjoy those sheets for a long time to come.

Time with Friends This is a great one for couples that are friendly with other couples. You and your pals can join together to each give her and her pals plane tickets for a "girl's weekend", or him and his friends tickets for a "boys weekend". She or he will love that you were so thoughtful and will know that you planned ahead.

Time with Each Other Most couples get so busy, especially during wedding planning, that they hardly have any time to spend together. Plan activities for the future that will be romantic time together. The present could be tickets to a new play, a picnic basket with a note about using it during the upcoming summer, or a spa gift certificate for couples treatments. She or he will enjoy knowing that you are thinking about your future together.

Best of luck to you!

Well this is what I do. I don't really believe in valentines day as I think it is a corporate scam, but I do love my girl and want her to feel special and show i love her. So I usually make a date a few days after valentines day and make it OUR special day not to be shared with everyone else! Everything valentines is on sale! flowers are 10-15 bucks cheaper and the restaurants aren't packed full of people all doing the same thing. this makes it more about us, and not about the holiday. to me that is makes it more important! also i don't break my bank doing it. hope i helped!

There is a great gift place www.giftsdelivered.com.au that have a heap of stuff! I ordered the naughty gift pack!! Valentine's Day is meant to be fun..... so why not! Plus I love balloons.

Make a Valentine's Day themed gingerbread house.

How about setting a budget for how much you want to spend, and then instead of selfishly wasting it, donate it to your favorite charity. The American Heart Association would be good for Valentines Day.

Jewelry or tell her/him that you love them. & write a song for that special person. Included with chocolates and roses AND a card too!