Canada?????

What are some reasons to move to Canada?

Favorite Answer

One of the best countries in the world....For me Canada is the Best!!!! (world's second biggest country) what else can I say? Oh yes Canada is a nation that ranks among the very best for its quality of life. This is partly a factor of prosperity and a great environment. But the key factor is its People.Canadian society is recognized for its human values and is built on principles of fairness, compassion, justice, and opportunity for all. These principles are entrenched in our laws and our institutions, but above all they are entrenched in our culture.Canadian society is defined by its diversity. We continue to learn from the rich history of First Nations and we have always been strengthened by the dynamic relationship between Anglophones and Francophones. Canada is a young society, one that is still being shaped by immigration from the entire world, making us a nation where language, religion and ethnic background are not a source of conflict, but one of understanding and unity.Hope this helps :)

Canada is a beautiful country with real friendly people,and offers a helping hand when needed most,very generous.I love Canada and would never leave to move to a different country.

I am Canadian,born and raised in New Brunswick.Canada is the best place to live.

1/ You want to?

2/ We want you to?

3/You'd like to part of a community and aren't all " in it for you".That's nice, but you need to give a bit back. It can be anything from blood donation( your choice but not paid) to just helping out in your community.

4/ You'd like to travel using that little blue book called passport and as a Canadian, you have fewer issues doing it?

5/ For #5, I think you need to come here for a bit. Travel from coast to coast to (yup) coast. We have three. See if we agree with your idea of life. If we don't, no harm done. If we do, hey..welcome and that would be a good reason to be a Canadian. You'd be part of an amazing experiment in humanity. The thought of being you just being you without constraints. That works and It's part and parcel of what I took an oath regarding. My oath involved protecting both my Sovereign AND Country ( I was fortunate enough to be allowed into our Navy).Hmmm...to answer your question? See #1 to 5.

Pros:

- Universal healthcare - most medical expenses paid by government.

- Many great communities to live in

- Tim Horton's coffee shops (the best!)

- Much lower crime rates than the US (murder rate in Canada is only 1.7% as opposed to 4.3% in The States)

Cons: Relatively high sales taxes (average around 13%)

- Food can be pretty expensive sometimes

Canada is great

I totaly agree with canuck no more's answer.As a former canadian resident I was sick of the taxes, economy ,prices of groceries not to mention gas.Shopping is a big luxury there as the PST and GST combined are about 15% of the items' price !! Not to mention lack of sales, variety and the heavy duty and shipping on everything bought online made me just move the US and I'l so happy here !! You can afford anything if you have a nice job and know how to wait for a deal !

• Magus

Well let me think...

Less crime

less guns

at least all of us have health care (though the big money people run it down because otherwise they'd lose the big profits)

we take care of those that can't

more freedom less government interference

less homelessness

we don't have George bush

we are friendlier

and lots of Americans pretend to be Canadian when travelling abroad

we have less slums

more food banks per capita

our conservatives are less radical then your republicans

overall we have a better standard of living then a lot of Americans

we have newfies that are great for jokes

our beer is better and stronger (sadly costs more) but BETTER

AND WE DON'T HAVE GEORGE BUSH!!!!!

Cause we are the best!

In Canada it feels like the world has shrunk and you can see people of all nations.

• Lily S

Canada is a great country but I cannot think of one reason to move there! Of course I live in the United States of America so maybe that's why.

Peace!