Could I get some college help?

Hey. Two-part question. First, for a 2150 SAT student, 3.5 GPA, two honors courses, and great extra-cirriculars (as in 20+ hours a week), at a difficult school, is that enough for elite schools, Like Northwestern and UPenn? And secondly, what other good colleges might be well-known, but under the radar?

Thanks,

Shinobi

The GPA is unwieghted, and I have two honors courses. Also, as for the spelling, I am moderatley dyslexic, and I couldn't find the spell-check. Sorry.

Favorite Answer

Your SAT is good, I will tell u that. Your GPA is fine as well. With a bunch of extracurriculars and good grades, you should have a good shot at the colleges you're desiring to apply for.

You can probably try Baylor or Rice if u really wanted to stretch it.

Hey Shinobi,

First you'll have to learn to spell (or at least use the spell check when available) and use correct capitalization. A college essay with grammatical errors is not likely to get picked at an 'elite' university.

Since you want to be a college student, now is a good time to do some research on the entrance requirements for the schools of your choice. You'll need a lot of practice, because research is what college is all about. Learning to think, analyze, and research answers to questions will get you a lot farther than other peoples opinions on what it takes to get in a good school.

Best wishes, and good luck!

Academically, you're a great candidate. But really it all depends if you're a good match for those schools. There are lots of great schools, particularly some of the smaller private schools. Check out Colleges That Change Lives (www.ctcl.com) for a list of some outstanding small schools that could really match what you're looking for.

Your SAT is good enough, but your GPA seems low. Is that unweighted? Because if that is your weighted, I'd say you might have a bit of trouble with getting into a college at that level. Good luck!