A great Historical Romance Author? Not just great but phenomial like Woodiwiss.?

Now that Kathleen Woodiwiss has passed I find myself at an utter and complete lose. She has been my favorite author for 11 years when I first read Shanna at age 16. The wolf and the dove captivated me and the flame and the flower hooked me into a lifelong love of historical romance. But now she's gone.

I love Johanna Lindsey and have read all her books as well but she was never nearly as good as K.E.W.

Does anyone know of an author that had K.E.W's caliber of writing? An not Cassie Edwards, occasionally an indian nover is great but I can only read so many of them.

Favorite Answer

Check out the site Smart Bitches, Trashy Books. It's a romance review site.

Though I warn you, there are a lot of recent entries about Cassie Edwards' plagiarism, so I suggest hitting the archives to find books you might like.

If you haven't read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, you should definitely check them out. There are 6 books in the series so far.

I'd say Jane Austin! She is GREAT! Try reading Pride & Predijuice!

Also try Victoria Holt.