Expire inhaler?

The Doctor Gave me the Inhaler From Around 4 week ago Is it still good to use it was expire at December 2007 after taking the inhaler i kinda got chest tightness it started at friday so is it just me or is it the inhaler D= Well Bb

Update:

Oh i forgot the inhaler was Advair 125 So yeah.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Thats strange, usually they last a few years..

But maybe you have a certain type of asthma inhaler..?

If it expired in december, don't use it.

Theres a reason for the date.

peace

• 1 decade ago

I dont think the inhaler will give you chest tightness, but its never good to take expired medication. Its not as effective after the expiry date. What type of inhaler did u get??

It wont cause tightness in yr chest, but if its for asthma, then you might find that you will experience tightness due to not getting enough of the actual active ingredient via the inhaler, because of reduced efficacy .

• 1 decade ago

I have an inhaler that's like a year expired but I still use it if I really need to. Guess I should get a new one, but yes it will still help

• 1 decade ago

It is not expired. Sometimes after starting inhalers your chest will tighten up until you are used to it. This is from a lifetime asthmatic (age 38) and mother of 2 asthmatics, as well as sister of 3 asthmatics and aunt of 4 asthmatics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

call the doctor tell him the inhaler was out date an ask 4 a nother one.

• 1 decade ago

I would just get a new one. Especially since it's for your lungs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.