Angela S asked in TravelCanadaCalgary · 1 decade ago

Hotels in Calgary Alberta Canada??

Okay im going to Calgary in Feb and going to a hockey game at the saddledome i have a room booked with the Best Western Centre in on Macleod trail Sw, is that the closest hotel or is there one closer with reasonable rate???

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My guess is that you're probably being charged around $150/nt at the Best Western, and you're likely looking for something a bit cheaper. Keep in mind that you CAN get cheaper, withour giving up the closeness... indirectly.

What I mean is that you can stay at one of the downtown hotels and just use the C-Train (Calgary's LRT - light rail transit for a couple bucks each way) to get back and forth to the Saddledome and your hotel. The Saddledome has it's own station right there. The Ramada Hotel Downtown Calgary would run you around $110/nt and is about 1/2 block from the LRT station, and the Days Inn on McLeod is about $100/nt. and short walk to the LRT station.

Keep in mind that none of these are "upscale" - they're all about a 2-star hotel, but if you're just in town for a day or two for the Flames game, what more do you need? They're clean, safe, average value hotels.

Hope that helps... and GO FLAMES GO!!! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are closer hotels but it is a good location, you would be right next to quite a few nice/trendy restaurants and shopping is close by too. No matter where you stay you will need either transportation (cab or bus) as there is nothing attached or within walking distance. Although, cab fare might cost you 10 bucks from where your booked.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Banff Springs inn ( banff ), Rocky Mountain hotel ( Banff ), Chateau Lake Loise ( Lake Loiuse ), Morraine Lake inn ( Lake Loiuse ), there are literally dozens of alternative smaller, terrific resorts in Banff besides. My inner maximum fav is Morraine Lake inn, little much less expensive then the others, some distance from the crowds in Banff yet close passable to banff to circulate each and every time you desire to have and once you do no longer proceed to be there on the least refer to Morraine Lake, frequently the main bueatiful environment in Banff national park.

• 1 decade ago

That is about 5 min away and the prices are probably as good as anywhere..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.