-closed- asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Where do you see your favorite team 5 years from now?

Will your favorite team still be playing in their current city?

Are they going to be contending for the Cup or last place in the league?

Will there be a new head coach?

Which players will leave or retire?

Who will be the captain?

Which young players will play larger roles with the team and turn into leaders?

Favorite Answer

Ryan A---Go f*ck your couch

Anyways:

I dont think the sharks will be moving, too much fan base

They are young, so Im thinking they will still be a good team in 5 yrs

Better be a new f*cking coach

Roenick, Nabby, Rivet, Ozo, and Grier

Joe Thornton

Setoguchi, Carle, Pavelski, Mitchell, Michalek(more than now)

The Leafs will definitely still be in Toronto.

I would say making the playoffs, not necessarily contending because we've still got a long way to go.

Will there be a new head coach?

I really think so.

Which players will leave or retire?

Unfortunately Sundin will likely retire.

Who will be the captain?

Honestly I can't think of anyone who is ready to take over the captaincy of the Leafs at this point.

I can only hope our future prospects because if our current young players are our hope then the future is not friendly. Not to say that there bad, but there not the Crosbys or Ovechkins of the league...or even the Kanes or Toews.

Sharks I can't see moving out of San Jose because there's really no other big teams to push them out, it's their town.

Definitely be contending for a cup, lots of young talent now that's signed longterm already.

I see there being a new coach, nothing against Wilson, but regardless of whether he wins a cup in that span or not he's not here in 5 years.

Nobody on this team is that old yet, so I don't see any retiring outside of Roenick and Ozolinsh. I can see Ehrhoff and McLaren leaving because of the defensemen coming up in the system like Petrecki and Wishart, maybe Goc or Pavelski because of the depth at center, and grooming of Couture.

Torrey Mitchell I can see being a captain, he's a lot like Patrick Marleau was first starting out.

Vlasic will turn into a stud shut-down defender, and Carle will start putting up points. Wishart and Petrecki will be forces to be reckoned with and the next coming of Pronger and Chara.

Setoguchi will develop into a consistent scorer and Michalek will be a superstar.

Ducks will be rebuilding after winning two Cups and a Western Conference crown over 8 years. Carlyle will still be coach, Ryan Getzlaf will be the team captain and face of the franchise, playing ont he first line and contending for the Hart with Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan on his wings. Gone will be guys like Niedermayer, Pronger, and Schnieder.

Do you know what kind of apocalyptic havoc the city of Toronto would be in if the Leafs left? We can make the soccer rioters blush. Hell, I'm sure we can make our current ghetto gang warfare/stray bullets problem look like a pre-teenage shoplifting incident. And I'll be leading the charge!! LOL

I hope they'll place last in the league to get that high overall pick (and not trade it).

Um...too soon to tell right now.

Hopefully, Sundin will get traded. I can't see anyone retiring.

I would give it to Blake or McCabe. Kaberle's English isn't great, and LITY has mentioned that captains need to take some English proficiency test. Come on, out of all the candidates, it's like squeezing water out of a brick.

Steen, Stajan, Wellwood, and Coliacovo, if he can stay healthy (and lucky...dude's got the worst luck in the league).

This || close to Stanley Cup #3. The coaching carousel will again turn to a disciplinarian-type HC. Hatcher will retire, Richards will be Captain, Van Riemsdyk (sp?) will be a bright young star.

Oh, and the Devils will still have their number.

"Life is good,

Life is great,

I've not watched,

the Flyers of late."

• Zata

Yes, Detroit Michigan

First place in the league, same for almost 20 years.

Will there be a new head coach?

No, Babcock is doing great and he is young.

Which players will leave or retire?

Lidstrom probably, and definitely Chelios and Hasek will retire.

Who will be the captain?

Zetterberg

Filppula, Kronwall, Kopecky, Ellis

Source(s): Wings fan for 18 years
  • rac531

1. yes they will still be in Buffalo

2 probably in the middle 6 or 7th in the conference

3 probably b/c Lindy might say bye bye too (you are from Buffalo right? did you read the article by Jerry Sullivan on 1-24

3 alot of them will leave Hello with Gollisano as Owner who isnt leaving will be easier to answer for me

4 Who knows with our luck they will have a rotating captincy still

5 Derek Roy and Lets Hope Thomas Vanek maybe if we still have Clarke him as well as Stafford

• Having their 4th Consecutive Stanley Cup Parade along Madison

• NIPS®

I see the WIngs in Guelph, Ontario. The economy is so bad up there, they would be better off moving to Guelph. Most fans will agree with me.

As for the Captain- I see Chelios as the Captain after Lidstrom retires. I assume Chelios will have it thru 2019!

Lidstrom as mentioned will retire! Along with Maltz and Drapes!

Hasek will be in a walker and still flopping on the ice due to severe medications. Will get the Vezina in 2014!

Also, I see the Wings receiving an AARP senior discount from the NHL! So they will have alot of cap room. So, I figure Recchi, Roenick, McCarty, Cujo, and a few others will all join and finish their careers their, having a mass retirement celebration, without Chelios in 2017. Chelios will retire in 2019.

The Guelph Wings will continue to win the Presidents Trophy and win a Cup every 3 to 5 years!