Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Anti Semetic vs an anti Israeli government statement what is the difference - Is there a differece ?

The government of Israel - has an opposition party to it within it's own structure

It is a Parlimentary system of government meaning it might have more than two party's in the house

So then when the Israeli Opposition party is critical of it's own government are they anti semetic ?

When Rabbi's against Zionisim protest - about the occupation and the treatment of Palistinian's are they anti Jewish ?

When I say the government of Israel has sealed in a large number of people and deprives them of food power and medicine and that is wrong and reminiscent of the Nazi's who did the same thing to the Poles and the Gypsy's

I echo the protests of the "Rabbi's against Zionisim" - are we both Anti Jew - Me and those Rabbi's?

Favorite Answer

This is a very difficult question. The establishment of Israel as a home for the Jewish people is not necessarily supported by all Jews. I myself am a Jew, yet conflicted by some of the policies implanted by the government in Israel. I believe that, while Israel should remain a sort of shelter in the world for the Jews, it should at the same time be open to anyone willing to live peacefully there. Jerusalem is so sacred to so many groups of people, each with their own "evidence" stating that it belongs to them- why should only one group of people have access to this land? We clearly all share a common interest, why not celebrate it as opposed to fighting it? However, my ideas aren't realistic now that such hatred between the conflicting groups has been established. These are just my thoughts on the subject. Therefore, I'd have to say that being against Zionism is not anti-semetic when the context is right: that is, you are against Zionism for reasons other than that it helps to support the Jews.

I can not count the number of times on two hands the Jewish people have given the Palestine's the right to live as a independent nation.

Every time they sign a treaty of some sort the Palestinians celebrate by shooting rockets to kill the Jews.

The only thing I see the Jews doing wrong is to continue to take it. If it were not for the US government it would have been over years ago

I think that there is a big difference. I have done no research on the matter so I actually do not know if this is the case, but if the Israeli government actually is corrupt, then being against that corruption does not necessarily mean that you are against Jewish people in general. You cannot equate the "common" everyday people to the government and the elite of any country. There is always a big difference. I am totally anti corruption, and I will always stand and speak against that, no matter what country's government is behaving in a corrupt manner. That, of course, includes my own country's government. *sm*

• hkyson

The Israelis and the people in Palestine hate each other the way the Germans and the French hated each other through World Wars I and II.

These wars came close to destroying both countries. As a result of the suffering caused by these wars, the French and the Germans decided it would be in their best interests not to compete but to cooperate, and both countries went on to be the principal forces behind the creation of the European Union.

Unfortunately, people in Israel and Palestine haven't learned this lesson yet.

Harleigh Kyson Jr.

The Palestinians are shooting rockets at the Israelis! They have just as much obligation to mother the Palestinians as we do or Egypt or Jordon for that matter. The Isralies have been compassionate enough to take care of the Arabs that have been exiled from other Arab states and guess what they get in return for their charity? Terrorist organizations and rockets blasting into their homes. You saw the wall that Egypt built to keep the Arab Palestinians out didn't you? Why aren't we criticizing Egypt? Or Jordan for not taking care of them? And Jordan was the state originally set up for the Arab Palestinians. I just think we need to lay off on Israel and make Jordan take responsibility for them as they were supposed to in the first place.

And all Zionism is, is a word to mean that a Jewish state should exist.

• Dina W

All governments have party's that disagree with the others view for the direction of their country. This is nothing new in Democracy's. That is what make Democracy's so great for it's citizens.

Why should Israel be any different?

anti-israeli is not necessarily antisemetic. anti israeli is simply against the formation of the state of israel which can be for a number of geopolitical reasons. if someone were antisemetic they would have to be against the formation of israel BECAUSE it would be a jewish state