can u bring food on a airplane?

can u bring packeged food on a plane that is not from the airport????

Favorite Answer

no you cannot bring it to the airport. now a days, you cant bring antything on the air port, no deodorant and water bottles and baby food. the goverent has gone mad these days. thats why i dont go on airplanes anymore. cant bring nothing because they gonna think that youhave something in there that can shut their buisness down, bombs, drugs, stuff like that. who would think that you would put a drug in your water bttle, or even in baby food, and who wuld out it on deodorant???? rules around here are getting crazy now, soon it would get so stricked that people would move out of the country and get better service and less airport rules. sheesh!

NO:

Baseball Bats

Bows and Arrows

Cricket Bats

Golf Clubs

Hockey Sticks

Lacrosse Sticks

Pool Cues

Ski Poles

Spear Guns

DONT EVEN BOTHER TAKING A PLANE! BETTER OFF WITH A CAR! SAD BUT TRUE THE GAS MONEY IS WORTH IT.

If it is a domestic flight, you can bring food that doesn't contain liquid (soup), or gel (Jello or pudding cups). If you bought it after the customs check, than you can take it on the plane, as well as liquids.

If you are going on an international flight, the airlines may restrict what you can take. Others will allow you to take food, but you may have to throw it away at your destination if you don't eat it all.

For example, meat and fruit will likely have to be thrown away. This includes beef jerky and fruit sticks.

If you want specifics, call the airline your flying with, and ask them what foods are allowed. You'll get an answer in >5min.

Good luck.

Food is alright, just not liquid. I brought a subway sandwich through security, but the confiscated my water bottle. My advice, either A; bring an empty bottle with you, or B; buy one once you get through security. You never want to drink plain water from an airplane, or drink brewed Coffee or tea. The tanks on the plane that store the drinking water are never cleaned. Only drink stuff from a water bottle you SEE flight attendants poring from, or a can.

Yes. Make sure that the food doesn't contain alot of liquid or it may set off the alarms at security.

I had brownies in my bag when I flew last month. I remembered they were in there when I was almost up to the conveyor belt. I told the guy from the TSA that I just remembered I have brownies in my bag and if it was a problem, and he said no it wasn't.

Source(s): Flew out of PHL last month

Yes, you can. Mostly they must adhere to the under 3 oz. rule if they are liquid, cheese or gel-type. Note what is allowed and restricted here:

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/...

Source(s): I'm a frequent flyer, and always bring my own food

No you can't. eat something before you get on the plane. I think you are allow to bring mint or gum. Other than that, you have to buy expensive airplane food. GOSH! I hate it.

we did this last summer, just not bottled water. smart decision on your part, kudos for youdos!

No.....they think that you are going to engage in a terroristic attack, and they dont want that threat. UInless you plan to go through security wirth the food.....in which case, they might let you on with it.

no y would you bring food when they are going to give you food thats just wasting your food