Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

For men ... Could help me ??????

For men ... Could help me ??????

Well, my husband produces games of the net ... But he is having difficulty finding an engine to produce games in the first person ... An engine that produce graphics and updated and well-assimilated ...

Could help me?

One site, things like that ...

It is very important ...

THANK YOU VERY

Favorite Answer

If he was using C++ for the 3D FPS game, he can try Irrlicht by Nikolaus Gebhardt,

some summary from official site: http://irrlicht.sf.net

The Irrlicht Engine is an open source high performance realtime 3D engine written and usable in C++ and also available for .NET languages. It is completely cross-platform, using D3D, OpenGL and its own software renderer, and has all of the state-of-the-art features which can be found in commercial 3d engines.

We've got a huge active community, and there are lots of projects in development that use the engine. You can find enhancements for Irrlicht all over the web, like alternative terrain renderers, portal renderers, exporters, world layers, tutorials, editors, language bindings for java, perl, ruby, basic, python, lua, and so on. And best of all: It's completely free.