Glossy or Antiglare Laptop screen?? Need Answer ASAP please?

I am in the process of buying a laptop and I am down to the last decition, weather to get the Glossy true life or the Anti-glare screen.

I will be using the laptop for both business involving data to watching movies surfing the internet and also photo work.

So what are the pros and cons of each.

Thank you for your help..

Thanks for your help, it was hard to choose whos answer was best.

I ordered my Laptop with the Glossy.

Thanks again fro you help.

Favorite Answer

Glossy tends to look a little more vibrant, but is really bad for glare if you're in direct light (especially sunlight). Anti-glare obviously lacks the vibrant sheen of the former, but is easier to see if you're in an extremely well-lit environment (or outside). You really can't go wrong with one or the other, so it's really a matter of opinion. For what it's worth, my laptop is a glossy.

I have glossy which gives a lovely realistic picture but can be difficult to see in bright light conditions, especially outdoors but I think this disadvantage is small compared to having the dull anti-glare screen.

Source(s): Personal use
  • pritz

Get some small black stockings/tights and strech it over the exhibit screen. in case you ever performed with them, you recognize that when streched they're sparkling. You exhibit screen would be a tad darker, yet no longer almost as undesirable because it sounds. Plus, you will no longer screw up your exhibit screen! :-)