Thinking about relocation to Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX areas, can I please get HONEST opinions?

Please please please, I need honest opinions, no blatant cheerleaders for the area or non-constructive "haters". My family currently resides in Ohio, and are primarily from the Ohio Michigan area, but my wife and I were both army brats and I was in the service 10 years, so we are used to moving around... show more Please please please, I need honest opinions, no blatant cheerleaders for the area or non-constructive "haters".

My family currently resides in Ohio, and are primarily from the Ohio Michigan area, but my wife and I were both army brats and I was in the service 10 years, so we are used to moving around the country.

My wife wants to move to the Austin, TX area, and one concern I have for our family and specifically my school-age kids, is the stereotype of "Yankee-hating, outsider stomping" Texans.

How true or false is this stereotype? Do transplants, specifically to central Texas, really get a lot of crap from the residents that were born and raised there?

Thank you very much in advance.
Update: I apologize if offended anybody by the way I worded the question. I should have clarified that this was an opinon my 60+ year old father who is probally not happy about his grandkids moving away and was I think on a hefty dosage of Oxicontin at the time. Also, that I personally thought that the Austin are seemed... show more I apologize if offended anybody by the way I worded the question. I should have clarified that this was an opinon my 60+ year old father who is probally not happy about his grandkids moving away and was I think on a hefty dosage of Oxicontin at the time.
Also, that I personally thought that the Austin are seemed to be diverse and very artisticly inclined, but had to ask the question to alleviate concerns that his comments generated.