How to capture a screenshot?

I know I'm suppose to just press the "print scr" key and paste it into Photoshop but for some reason it's not working? It usually works no problem but for some strange reason, it's not capturing the screen... Any advice????

Favorite Answer

Fast Stone Screen Capture. Works every time and can paste into most any application. Shortcut keys are CTRL+SHIFT+P. It has to be running to use shortcuts. I have it start with windows. You can even use the zoom tool to capture right down to the pixel.

I have an older version that has some of the good features they took off the newer versions.

You could try still hitting the Print Screen key, but then instead of going it to Photoshop I'm always able to find the shot on the Clipboard in Microsoft Word.

Hold down Shift, then press Print Screen.

When in Photoshop, right click your mouse and select Paste.

Click on that and your screen should appear.

If not, try downloading a program called Paint.net, to use instead of Photoshop, its free and very user friendly.

• hi5

since u r using the Photoshop to open it try to use the paint in ur accessories sometimes the software itself don't accept print screen give it a try and if it didn't work check the button itself it might be damaged

I usually paste it into Paint or a WordPad document. If you trying to capture an image off a video off MediaPlayer, and it comes out black then sometimes it just does that, annoys me too.

For domicile windows XP For this demonstration, be sure which you're related to the information superhighway. Then Double click on the information superhighway Explorer icon on your pc till it opens a information superhighway website. After the information superhighway website a lot, press the Print demonstrate (Prnt Scrn) button on your keyboard. domicile windows will deliver the whole contents of your information superhighway website to the Clipboard in image format. Now open up the domicile windows Paint software by utilising first clicking on your start up Button. Then circulate your mouse over the All classes icon to demonstrate all start up Menu folders. in the journey that your start up Menu is set to the classic View, circulate your mouse over the classes folder as a replace. Now, circulate your mouse onto the upload-ons menu folder till it expands. Now click on the Paint icon to launch the Microsoft Paint software. Then click on the be conscious Edit, this is contained on your appropriate device bar section. this could pull down a menu so which you will now click on Paste. word how domicile windows pastes the whole contents of your information superhighway website into the Paint software. And all of the equipment of the Paint software are available in to lessen, strengthen and Print the contents. To Print, click on the be conscious document, this is contained on your appropriate device bar section. this could pull down a menu so which you will now click on Print.

hold the CTRL key and press print screen then just paste it and you should have your screen shot.

try to paste it in the program paint that always works for me