lee ann womack song?

ok, Lee Ann Womack sings the song, I May Hate Myself In The Morning.

this song was sang, i'm gonna say about 25 to 30 years ago by a guy,

please can you tell me who it was, thanks Robin

"Sweetand" Did he sing it, because I can't find him singing it anywhere, or did he write it, I know its an old song, thanks

roni, i know i have seen that too, but i know i have heard that song years ago, it will be about 30 years ago, going by what had been going on in my life at the time, the first time i heard lee ann singing it i knew it, word for word, but for the life of me i don't know who i heard singing it before, but i KNOW someone did

Favorite Answer

This is not an old song...just very traditional sounding. I love it!!! It was written by Odie Blackmon who was only 36 when Lee Ann recorded the song per an article in the NY Times from November 2005.

He Writes the Songs, Out of the Spotlight

By KELEFA SANNEH

Published: November 10, 2005

NASHVILLE, Nov. 7 - This coming Tuesday, after a week of hype and concerts and (one can only imagine) cultural misunderstandings, the 2005 Country Music Association Awards will finally arrive at Madison Square Garden. Most of the genre's top acts will be there, competing for awards in 12 categories.

Tuesday's awards show might also be a big night for some guy you've probably never heard of. His name is Odie Blackmon, and although the country music industry relies on people like him, most fans couldn't pick him out of a lineup. He's not likely to be mistaken for a pop star anytime soon, even if he's called upon to deliver an acceptance speech on Tuesday night. Mr. Blackmon, 36, is a particularly successful member of a singular subculture: he's a country songwriter.

Mr. Blackmon wrote the words and music for one of the year's most acclaimed country songs, a bittersweet ballad called "I May Hate Myself in the Morning." The song captures a moment of weakness, portraying a lover who knows, but can't do, better: "I may hate myself in the morning/ But I'm gonna love you tonight." And it was beautifully sung - or, more accurately, sighed - by Lee Ann Womack. Her recording has been nominated as single of the year, and Mr. Blackmon's composition has been nominated as song of the year.

There is more to the article...n http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/10/arts/music/10san...

Odie Blackmon